- 125 gram butter, softened
- 3/4 cup (165g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cup (225g) plain flour
- 1/4 cup (35g) self-raising flour
- 1/4 cup (25g) cocoa powder
- 100 gram dark eating chocolate, melted
- silver cachous
- 2/3 cup (150g) caster sugar pink, yellow, green and purple food colouring
- 1Beat butter, sugar and egg in small bowl with electric mixer until combined. Stir in sifted flours and cocoa in two batches.
- 2Knead dough on floured surface until smooth; roll dough between sheets of baking paper until 5mm thick. Cover; refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 3Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Grease oven trays; line with baking paper.
- 4Using a 8.5cm shoe-shaped cutter, cut 25 shapes from dough. Place about 3cm apart on trays. Bake about 12 minutes. Cool on trays.
- 5To make coloured sugar; divide sugar among four small plastic bags. Add different colouring to each bag to tint sugar. Rub colouring into sugar until combined.
- 6Spread cookies with chocolate. Sprinkle shoes with coloured sugar; decorate with cachous.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic Christmas trifleToday 6:13am
- 10 sweet festive favouritesToday 4:00am
- How to make honeycomb from scratchToday 12:29am
- Apple pieToday 12:29am
- TiramisuYesterday 10:00pm
- Fresh apricot jamYesterday 8:00pm
- PikeletsYesterday 5:00pm
- Vegetarian pasta recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Beef stroganoffYesterday 1:00pm
- 34 side dishes to complete your Christmas mealYesterday 1:00pm
- Green saladYesterday 1:00pm
- 10 brilliant blinis to share with friendsYesterday 1:00pm
- Sticky date puddingYesterday 1:00pm
- Panettone tiramisuYesterday 1:00pm
- Potato bakeYesterday 1:00pm
- Breakfast recipes for Christmas morningYesterday 1:00pm