- 3 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon caster sugar
- 40 gram butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/4 cup water (approximately)
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Lightly grease an oven tray.
- 2In a large bowl, sift flour, salt and sugar; rub in butter. Stir in milk and enough water to mix to a sticky dough.
- 3On a floured surface, knead dough until just smooth. Place dough on oven tray; press into a 16cm round.
- 4Cut a cross into top of dough, about 1cm (½-inch) deep. Brush dough with a little extra milk; sprinkle with a little extra flour. Bake about 45 minutes. Turn damper, top-side up, onto wire rack to cool.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeToday 3:00am
- 40 cauliflower recipesYesterday 11:29pm
- 20 of our tastiest savoury tartsYesterday 2:00pm
- Roast chicken with herb stuffingYesterday 2:00pm
- 40 warming sweet and savoury recipes for your pressure cookerYesterday 2:00pm
- Make these beef taco pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- Make butter chicken roti pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- Custard tartJul 22, 2021
- 20 beautiful bundt cakesJul 22, 2021
- How to make custard tarts in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make apple pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make Aussie meat pies in the pie makerJul 22, 2021