- 2½ cups macadamias, almonds, cashews, hazelnuts or pecans
- 25 cm piece muslin
- 1Place nuts in a large bowl and cover with hot water. Cover and stand for 2 hours for macadamias and 4 hours for other nuts, or overnight, if you have time.
- 2Drain and rinse nuts under cold running water; drain well. Place nuts and 2 cups (500g) water in mixing bowl; blend for 2 min/speed 10 or until very smooth.
- 3Place a medium sieve over a medium bowl and line with muslin (or a nut bag). Strain milk through muslin, squeezing cloth to extract as much liquid as possible. Place milk in a glass jar and refrigerate.
Save the nut pulp and dry it out in a slow oven to use for cereal toppings or to add to curries and pastes.To make coconut milk, substitute nuts for desiccated coconut and soak in very hot water for 1 hour; strain. Blend for 1 min/speed 10. Continue with step 3.Refrigerate nut milk for up to 5 days.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Coconut jam dropsToday 12:49am
- Corn and quinoa chowderYesterday 10:28pm
- Mexican pulled porkYesterday 2:00pm
- 18 sensational slow-cooked pork mealsYesterday 2:00pm
- Provencal beef stewYesterday 2:00pm
- Gluten free chickpea schnitzels and yoghurt sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- 31 Treats To Wow At Your School Fete or Election Day Cake StandYesterday 2:00pm
- Chicken saltimboccaYesterday 6:43am
- Healthy soup recipesYesterday 6:23am
- Slow-cooker honey mustard chickenYesterday 5:25am
- One-pot rice and chickenYesterday 4:29am
- Yoghurt wraps with pick-your-protein scrambleMay 16, 2022
- Quattro formaggio pizzaMay 16, 2022
- Chilli beans with tomato sauceMay 16, 2022