- 3 sheets shortcrust pastry, thawed
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 5 drops yellow food colouring, optional
- 1Preheat oven to 160°C. Lightly grease two 12-hole shallow patty pans.
- 2Using on 8cm cutter, cut rounds from pastry. Ease into pans.
- 3Using electric beaters, beat eggs and sugar in a small bowl until pale and creamy. Beat in milk and food colouring, if using, until well combined.
- 4Pour filling into prepared pastry cases. Bake for 30-35 minutes until pastry is golden and filling just set. Cool in pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve warm or cold.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easter chocolate bunny bottomsApr 18, 2019
- Easter bunny cakeApr 17, 2019
- Slow-cooked pickled porkApr 15, 2019
- Sausage casseroleApr 15, 2019
- PikeletsApr 15, 2019
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeApr 15, 2019
- Creamy bacon and fish pie with potato toppingApr 14, 2019
- Roast lambApr 14, 2019
- Roasted mushroom with baked eggsApr 10, 2019
- Chicken skewers with peach caprese saladApr 05, 2019
- Malted hazelnut layer cakeApr 05, 2019
- Salted caramelsApr 04, 2019
- Plum & hazelnut clafoutisApr 04, 2019
- Chocolate freckle Easter eggsApr 02, 2019
- White chocolate Easter bunny cupcakesApr 01, 2019