- 2 cup (500ml) reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 1 small brown onion (80g), chopped coarsely
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoon rogan josh curry paste
- 1 small carrot (130g), chopped coarsely
- 3/4 cup (180ml) water
- 85 gram canned chickpeas (garbanzo), rinsed, drained
- 60 gram green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoon fresh coriander leaves
- 6 mini pappadums (5g)
- 2 tablespoon low-fat natural yoghurt
- 1Combine ½ cup stock, onion, ginger and garlic in a medium saucepan; bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until onion softens.
- 2Add curry paste; cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Reduce heat to low, add carrot; cook, stirring, for 5 minutes. Add remaining stock and the water; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- 3Add chickpeas and beans to pan; simmer, covered, for 5 minutes or until beans are tender. Stir in half the coriander. Stand soup for 10 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, microwave pappadums according to packet directions.
- 5Blend or process soup until smooth. Serve topped with remaining coriander leaves; accompany with yoghurt and pappadums.
Reheat the soup, covered, in a microwave oven on HIGH (100%) for about 1½ minutes, stirring halfway through the heating time. Make the soup ahead of time and freeze it in two batches. Or, be really organised and double the recipe so you have portions on hand for later fast days. Simply defrost the soup in the refrigerator the day before your fast day.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 24 sour cream cakesYesterday 2:00pm
- Japanese chicken schnitzel toastiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Reuben jaffleYesterday 2:00pm
- Mushroom and goat’s cheese omeletteYesterday 2:00pm
- Enchilada bakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Our 20 best tea cakes for your favourite cuppaYesterday 2:00pm
- Mulled wine pork with red cabbageYesterday 2:00pm
- 10 easy toastie recipes the whole family will enjoyYesterday 3:00am
- Easy combination fried riceJun 21, 2021
- Chocolate chip cookiesJun 21, 2021
- Miso noodle hotpotJun 20, 2021
- Potato and leek soupJun 20, 2021
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasJun 20, 2021
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawJun 20, 2021