- 1 kilogram cooked school prawns
- 1 tablespoon Bertolli olive oil
- 1 medium (150g) brown onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon plain flour
- 2 1/2 cup (625ml) milk
- 1 cup (120g) frozen baby peas, thawed
- 2 green onions (green shallots), sliced thinly
- 1Shell and devein prawns. Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat; add brown onion. Cook, stirring, until soft but not coloured.
- 2Add the paste; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the curry powder, sugar and flour; cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- 3Gradually stir in the milk. Stir constantly until mixture boils and thickens. Stir in the prawns and peas until heated through. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 4Serve with steamed rice, sprinkled with green onion.
Not suitable to freeze. Suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Sichuan ma po tofuMay 20, 2022
- Rosé sangriaMay 19, 2022
- Romesco sauce with eggplant and zucchiniMay 19, 2022
- 22 salad recipes that are surprisingly excitingMay 19, 2022
- ChurrosMay 19, 2022
- SangriaMay 19, 2022
- 33 our perfect potato salad collectionMay 19, 2022
- Potato and salmon salad with mustardy dressingMay 19, 2022
- Slow-cooker silverbeet dhalMay 19, 2022
- SpanakopitaMay 19, 2022
- Lamb birriaMay 19, 2022
- Sesame Turkish ring breadsMay 19, 2022
- 42 brilliant brownie recipesMay 19, 2022
- Chilli con carneMay 19, 2022
- 30 easy vegetarian curry recipesMay 19, 2022