- 1 kilogram cooked school prawns
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium (150g) brown onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon plain flour
- 2 1/2 cup (625ml) milk
- 1 cup (120g) frozen baby peas, thawed
- 2 green onions (green shallots), sliced thinly
- 1Shell and devein prawns. Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat; add brown onion. Cook, stirring, until soft but not coloured.
- 2Add the paste; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the curry powder, sugar and flour; cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- 3Gradually stir in the milk. Stir constantly until mixture boils and thickens. Stir in the prawns and peas until heated through. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 4Serve with steamed rice, sprinkled with green onion.
Not suitable to freeze. Suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- French toastOct 16, 2019
- Honey joysOct 16, 2019
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpOct 16, 2019
- Peanut butter cookiesOct 16, 2019
- Chicken curry recipesOct 16, 2019
- Ocean trout salad with edamame miso dressingOct 16, 2019
- Windsor shortbreadOct 16, 2019
- Coconut riceOct 16, 2019
- Best burger recipesOct 16, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsOct 16, 2019
- Sweet potato bubble and squeakOct 16, 2019
- Spiced apple filo coilOct 16, 2019
- Lemon curd cakeOct 16, 2019
- Butter chickenOct 15, 2019
- Vanilla sliceOct 15, 2019
- Pistachio, honey and cardamom kulfiOct 15, 2019