- 1 kilogram cooked school prawns
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium (150g) brown onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon plain flour
- 2 1/2 cup (625ml) milk
- 1 cup (120g) frozen baby peas, thawed
- 2 green onions (green shallots), sliced thinly
- 1Shell and devein prawns. Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat; add brown onion. Cook, stirring, until soft but not coloured.
- 2Add the paste; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the curry powder, sugar and flour; cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- 3Gradually stir in the milk. Stir constantly until mixture boils and thickens. Stir in the prawns and peas until heated through. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 4Serve with steamed rice, sprinkled with green onion.
Not suitable to freeze. Suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsJan 25, 2020
- Lamington popsJan 25, 2020
- Beet and black bean burgerJan 23, 2020
- Sticky wing with sesame saltJan 23, 2020
- Salmon and potato salad with mustardy dressingJan 23, 2020
- How to bake basic damper while campingJan 23, 2020
- Korean-style barbecued chicken riceJan 23, 2020
- "Eat your greens" chicken saladJan 23, 2020
- Sticky pork with sweet and sour saladJan 23, 2020
- Broccoli and paneer saag curryJan 23, 2020
- Roast pumpkin dip with spiced chickpeasJan 23, 2020
- Szechuan-style chilli eggplantJan 23, 2020
- Paper cup popsiclesJan 23, 2020
- Green minestrone with pestoJan 23, 2020