- 1 kilogram cooked school prawns
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium (150g) brown onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon plain flour
- 2 1/2 cup (625ml) milk
- 1 cup (120g) frozen baby peas, thawed
- 2 green onions (green shallots), sliced thinly
- 1Shell and devein prawns. Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat; add brown onion. Cook, stirring, until soft but not coloured.
- 2Add the paste; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the curry powder, sugar and flour; cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- 3Gradually stir in the milk. Stir constantly until mixture boils and thickens. Stir in the prawns and peas until heated through. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 4Serve with steamed rice, sprinkled with green onion.
Not suitable to freeze. Suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Barbecued corn, spinach and avocado saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Roast beetroot and goat’s cheese terrineYesterday 1:00pm
- Coffee wreath (with chocolate sauce)Yesterday 1:00pm
- Turkey with apricot & hazelnut stuffingYesterday 1:00pm
- Crispy roast potatoes with rosemary saltYesterday 1:00pm
- Nutella cheesecakeYesterday 1:00pm
- White Christmas sliceYesterday 12:56am
- Dark plum jamDec 04, 2019
- Oysters with pink & green mignonette dressingsDec 04, 2019
- Ice-cream Christmas pudding logDec 04, 2019
- Herb-brined turkey breast in pancettaDec 04, 2019
- Coconut banana stacked cakeDec 03, 2019
- 2-in-1 basic fruit mixDec 02, 2019
- Prawn and mango saladDec 02, 2019
- Cocktail sauceDec 02, 2019