- 1 kilogram cooked school prawns
- 1 tablespoon Bertolli olive oil
- 1 medium (150g) brown onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon plain flour
- 2 1/2 cup (625ml) milk
- 1 cup (120g) frozen baby peas, thawed
- 2 green onions (green shallots), sliced thinly
- 1Shell and devein prawns. Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat; add brown onion. Cook, stirring, until soft but not coloured.
- 2Add the paste; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the curry powder, sugar and flour; cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- 3Gradually stir in the milk. Stir constantly until mixture boils and thickens. Stir in the prawns and peas until heated through. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 4Serve with steamed rice, sprinkled with green onion.
Not suitable to freeze. Suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 28 mango recipes for dessertOct 21, 2021
- 13 Spooky Halloween recipesOct 21, 2021
- Seeded pumpkin breadOct 21, 2021
- Apple crumbleOct 21, 2021
- Santorini tomato frittersOct 21, 2021
- Zucchini primavera with poached eggsOct 21, 2021
- Gluten-free banana breadOct 21, 2021
- Fresh tomato pizzettasOct 21, 2021
- Basic hummusOct 20, 2021
- Custard tartOct 20, 2021
- Our best hummus recipesOct 20, 2021
- Roti canai flatbreadOct 20, 2021
- Peaches and cream pieOct 20, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeOct 20, 2021