- 1 kilogram cooked school prawns
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium (150g) brown onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon plain flour
- 2 1/2 cup (625ml) milk
- 1 cup (120g) frozen baby peas, thawed
- 2 green onions (green shallots), sliced thinly
- 1Shell and devein prawns. Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat; add brown onion. Cook, stirring, until soft but not coloured.
- 2Add the paste; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the curry powder, sugar and flour; cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- 3Gradually stir in the milk. Stir constantly until mixture boils and thickens. Stir in the prawns and peas until heated through. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 4Serve with steamed rice, sprinkled with green onion.
Not suitable to freeze. Suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeToday 6:38am
- French toastJul 13, 2019
- Fabulous French recipesJul 13, 2019
- Slow cooker beef rendangJul 13, 2019
- Christmas in July recipesJul 13, 2019
- Classic sconesJul 12, 2019
- RatatouilleJul 11, 2019
- 12 tantalising tiramisu recipesJul 11, 2019
- Rabbit stifadoJul 11, 2019
- Rhubarb crumbleJul 10, 2019
- Leftover stroganoff baguetteJul 10, 2019
- Mulled wineJul 09, 2019
- Avocado toast with fennel sauerkrautJul 08, 2019
- Chilli con carneJul 03, 2019
- Apple pieJul 03, 2019