Curried cauliflower soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (150g) brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup (150g) mild curry paste
- 8 cup (2l) water
- 1 (1kg) cauliflower, trimmed, coarsely chopped
- 2 (400g) potatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup (250ml) buttermilk
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh coriander leaves
- naan bread, to serve (optional)
- 1Heat oil in a large saucepan. Stir onion and garlic over heat until onion softens. Add curry paste and continue stirring for 5 minutes.
- 2Add water, cauliflower, potato and paste; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer without lid for about 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Cool 15 minutes.
- 3In batches, blend or process soup until smooth. Return soup to same cleaned pan, add buttermilk and stir over low heat until hot.
- 4Serve bowls of soup sprinkled with coriander and, if desired, accompanied with warmed naan bread.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Easy hot cross bunsToday 5:00pm
- Tuna mornayToday 12:00am
- Flourless cakesYesterday 11:39pm
- White sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- Dinner date recipes to impressYesterday 5:50am
- The big chocolate cookieYesterday 5:26am
- Princess-themed birthday cakesYesterday 3:28am
- 100 years of Australian dinnersYesterday 1:19am
- Vietnamese lemongrass chicken bowlMar 30, 2020
- Coconut dessert recipesMar 30, 2020
- Fast dessertsMar 30, 2020
- Lebanese recipesMar 30, 2020
- Cheesy tuna pasta bakeMar 30, 2020
- Our unbeatable lemon curd recipeMar 30, 2020
- Quick versions of your favourite dessert recipesMar 30, 2020
- Quick and easy plum tartMar 30, 2020