Curried cauliflower soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (150g) brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup (150g) mild curry paste
- 8 cup (2l) water
- 1 (1kg) cauliflower, trimmed, coarsely chopped
- 2 (400g) potatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup (250ml) buttermilk
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh coriander leaves
- naan bread, to serve (optional)
- 1Heat oil in a large saucepan. Stir onion and garlic over heat until onion softens. Add curry paste and continue stirring for 5 minutes.
- 2Add water, cauliflower, potato and paste; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer without lid for about 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Cool 15 minutes.
- 3In batches, blend or process soup until smooth. Return soup to same cleaned pan, add buttermilk and stir over low heat until hot.
- 4Serve bowls of soup sprinkled with coriander and, if desired, accompanied with warmed naan bread.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Melting momentsAug 09, 2020
- Chai-roasted pumpkin soup with honey walnutsAug 09, 2020
- 20 ways with lemon curdAug 09, 2020
- Yorkshire puddings with gravyAug 09, 2020
- White sauceAug 09, 2020
- Lemon curd and poppy seed crêpe cakeAug 09, 2020
- 15 sweet and savoury scrollsAug 09, 2020
- 20 Australian biscuits from our childhoodsAug 09, 2020
- Beef stroganoffAug 09, 2020
- Easy capsicum recipesAug 09, 2020
- How to make basic sconesAug 09, 2020
- Rice salad recipes for healthy lunchesAug 06, 2020
- Cheesy pastry twistsAug 05, 2020
- Easy Spanish paella recipesAug 05, 2020
- Brilliant broccoli recipesAug 05, 2020
- Lasagne recipe collectionAug 05, 2020