For more of these recipes head into store and pick up a copy of this month's issue The Australian Women's Weekly FOOD magazine. On sale now! Available in supermarkets and selected newsagents and online.
- 5½ cup (220g) corn flakes
- 1½ tablespoons finely chopped fresh thyme
- ⅓ cup (50g) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¾ cup (180ml) buttermilk
- 8 chicken drumsticks (1.2kg)
- 2 corn cobs (800g), trimmed
- 2 rindless bacon slices (130g)
- 80 g mixed salad leaves
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan
- 2Place the corn flakes in a large resealable plastic bag; crush with a rolling pin until coarse. Place the corn flakes crumbs in a medium bowl with the thyme.
- 3Mix the flour, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl. Pour the buttermilk into another shallow bowl.
- 4Take the skin off the drumsticks (or ask the butcher, or an adult, to do this for you). Coat the drumsticks all over in the flour mixture, shake off any excess flour. Dip the drumsticks in the buttermilk, then dip in the corn flake mixture, turning until covered all over.
- 5Line a large oven tray with a piece of baking paper. Place the drumsticks on the tray, in a single layer; place in the oven and roast for about 40 minutes or until cooked through. If the chicken is getting too brown during cooking, cover the tray with foil. To test if the chicken is cooked, remove one piece of chicken and place it on a plate. Cut into the thickest part of the chicken to the bone – the meat should not be pink.
- 6Meanwhile, using a heavy flat-bladed knife, cut the corn cobs in half (or ask an adult to do it for you). Cut the bacon slices in half lengthways. Wrap the bacon strips around the corn cobs; secure the bacon ends with a toothpick. Season with salt and pepper.
- 7Place the corn on an oven tray; place in the oven for the last 20 minutes of the chicken cooking time.
- 8Serve the chicken and corn with salad leaves on the side.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Slow-cooked lamb shank pieToday 5:13am
- Caramel sliceYesterday 11:16pm
- Corn and kidney bean quesadillas with tomato salsaYesterday 1:00pm
- Slow-cooked lamb with white beansYesterday 1:00pm
- Linguine primavera & poached eggsYesterday 1:00pm
- Brown fried rice with carrot, cabbage and red onionYesterday 1:00pm
- Raspberry crumble almond tartYesterday 1:00pm
- Braised beef cheeks in red wineYesterday 1:00pm
- Turkish eggs (Shakshuka)Yesterday 1:00pm
- Carrot cake with lemon cream cheese frostingYesterday 1:00pm
- Barley, chicken and sesame slawYesterday 1:00pm
- Creamy mushroom and spinach gnocchiYesterday 1:00pm
- Fish and chipsYesterday 1:00pm
- Spinach and ricotta cannelloniYesterday 1:00pm
- Jam rollYesterday 1:00pm
- Cumin-spiced steak with white bean hummusYesterday 1:00pm