For more of these recipes head into store and pick up a copy of this month's issue The Australian Women's Weekly FOOD magazine. On sale now! Available in supermarkets and selected newsagents and online.
- 5½ cup (220g) corn flakes
- 1½ tablespoons finely chopped fresh thyme
- ⅓ cup (50g) plain flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¾ cup (180ml) buttermilk
- 8 chicken drumsticks (1.2kg)
- 2 corn cobs (800g), trimmed
- 2 rindless bacon slices (130g)
- 80 g mixed salad leaves
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan
- 2Place the corn flakes in a large resealable plastic bag; crush with a rolling pin until coarse. Place the corn flakes crumbs in a medium bowl with the thyme.
- 3Mix the flour, paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl. Pour the buttermilk into another shallow bowl.
- 4Take the skin off the drumsticks (or ask the butcher, or an adult, to do this for you). Coat the drumsticks all over in the flour mixture, shake off any excess flour. Dip the drumsticks in the buttermilk, then dip in the corn flake mixture, turning until covered all over.
- 5Line a large oven tray with a piece of baking paper. Place the drumsticks on the tray, in a single layer; place in the oven and roast for about 40 minutes or until cooked through. If the chicken is getting too brown during cooking, cover the tray with foil. To test if the chicken is cooked, remove one piece of chicken and place it on a plate. Cut into the thickest part of the chicken to the bone – the meat should not be pink.
- 6Meanwhile, using a heavy flat-bladed knife, cut the corn cobs in half (or ask an adult to do it for you). Cut the bacon slices in half lengthways. Wrap the bacon strips around the corn cobs; secure the bacon ends with a toothpick. Season with salt and pepper.
- 7Place the corn on an oven tray; place in the oven for the last 20 minutes of the chicken cooking time.
- 8Serve the chicken and corn with salad leaves on the side.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- RatatouilleToday 6:11am
- Easter lunch recipesToday 12:43am
- Vegetarian eggplant recipesToday 12:20am
- Scone recipesYesterday 11:38pm
- PikeletsYesterday 6:00pm
- Gluten-free sconesYesterday 2:00pm
- Easter baking ideasYesterday 2:00pm
- Irish soda bread rollsYesterday 2:00pm
- Delicious cornflake cookies and slicesYesterday 2:00pm
- White sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- Sausage casseroleYesterday 2:00pm
- Beef bourguignon and potato pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Easter carrot cake with spiced buttercream & caramel sauceYesterday 2:30am
- Melting momentsApr 06, 2020
- Easter bunny cakeApr 06, 2020
- Caramel melting momentsApr 06, 2020