- 125 gram strawberries, quartered
- 125 gram blueberries
- 150 gram raspberries
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange rind
- 1/4 cup (60ml) orange juice
- 2 tablespoon icing sugar
- 1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/4 teaspoon caster sugar
- 3/4 cup (180ml) warm water
- 1/4 teaspoon dry yeast
- cooking-oil spray
Crumpets with berry compote
- 1Make berry compote by combining all ingredients and refrigerating for 1 hour.
- 2Meanwhile, sift flour, salt and sugar into medium bowl.
- 3Combine water and yeast. Add to dry ingredients, stir until smooth.
- 4Spray a large frying pan with cooking spray and heat over low-medium heat. Place four egg rings in pan, spray each ring with cooking-oil spray for 2 seconds. Fill each ring three-quarters full with crumpet mixture. Cook crumpets over low heat, 10 minutes, or until surface is covered with burst air bubbles.
- 5Remove rings from crumpets, cover pan. Cook crumpets, 3 minutes, or until surface is firm. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack. Repeat with remaining mixture to make a total of eight crumpets.
- 6To serve, toast crumpets. Top with berry compote and dust with sifted icing sugar, if you like.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Slow-cooked lamb shank pieToday 5:13am
- Caramel sliceYesterday 11:16pm
- Corn and kidney bean quesadillas with tomato salsaYesterday 1:00pm
- Slow-cooked lamb with white beansYesterday 1:00pm
- Linguine primavera & poached eggsYesterday 1:00pm
- Brown fried rice with carrot, cabbage and red onionYesterday 1:00pm
- Raspberry crumble almond tartYesterday 1:00pm
- Braised beef cheeks in red wineYesterday 1:00pm
- Turkish eggs (Shakshuka)Yesterday 1:00pm
- Carrot cake with lemon cream cheese frostingYesterday 1:00pm
- Barley, chicken and sesame slawYesterday 1:00pm
- Creamy mushroom and spinach gnocchiYesterday 1:00pm
- Fish and chipsYesterday 1:00pm
- Spinach and ricotta cannelloniYesterday 1:00pm
- Jam rollYesterday 1:00pm
- Cumin-spiced steak with white bean hummusYesterday 1:00pm