- 8 slice wholemeal bread (360g)
- 8 slice leg ham (240g)
- 40 gram (1½ ounces) butter
- 4 eggs
- 20 gram (¾ ounce) butter
- 1 tablespoon plain (all-purpose) flour
- 3/4 cup (180ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (60g) finely grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1For the cheese béchamel, melt butter in small saucepan, add flour; cook, stirring, 1 minute. Gradually add milk; cook, stirring, until sauce boils and thickens. Remove from heat; stir in cheese and parsley.
- 2Spread béchamel onto each bread slice. Top four of the slices with ham, then remaining bread.
- 3Melt butter in large frying pan. Add sandwiches, in batches; toast until browned both sides. Remove from pan.
- 4Fry the eggs in same pan until the white is cooked but the yolk is still soft and runny. Top each sandwich with an egg.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Slow-cooker dessert recipesJul 10, 2020
- Christmas in July recipesJul 10, 2020
- Sustainable chowderJul 09, 2020
- Sausage rollsJul 09, 2020
- Perfect puff pastry recipesJul 09, 2020
- Banana bread with passionfruit icingJul 09, 2020
- Delicious roast chicken dinnersJul 09, 2020
- Spaghetti marinaraJul 09, 2020
- Seafood chowderJul 09, 2020
- Cinnamon sugar palmiersJul 09, 2020
- Our best homemade sausage rollsJul 09, 2020
- Our best hummus recipesJul 09, 2020
- Cornflake cookiesJul 08, 2020
- Vegetarian moussakaJul 08, 2020