- 8 slice wholemeal bread (360g)
- 8 slice leg ham (240g)
- 40 gram (1½ ounces) butter
- 4 eggs
- 20 gram (¾ ounce) butter
- 1 tablespoon plain (all-purpose) flour
- 3/4 cup (180ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (60g) finely grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1For the cheese béchamel, melt butter in small saucepan, add flour; cook, stirring, 1 minute. Gradually add milk; cook, stirring, until sauce boils and thickens. Remove from heat; stir in cheese and parsley.
- 2Spread béchamel onto each bread slice. Top four of the slices with ham, then remaining bread.
- 3Melt butter in large frying pan. Add sandwiches, in batches; toast until browned both sides. Remove from pan.
- 4Fry the eggs in same pan until the white is cooked but the yolk is still soft and runny. Top each sandwich with an egg.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Beef WellingtonToday 12:27am
- Lemon meringue pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Duxelles-filled lamb leg with roast vegetablesYesterday 2:00pm
- Cauliflower cheeseYesterday 7:00am
- Slow-cooker Thai basil and chilli chicken with cashewsYesterday 6:15am
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesYesterday 5:15am
- Lemon drizzle cakeYesterday 4:18am
- Rhubarb and vanilla baked custardYesterday 2:44am
- Cottage pieMay 23, 2022
- Cheesy vegetable pasta bakeMay 23, 2022
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaMay 23, 2022
- Shortbread buttonsMay 23, 2022
- 20 sensational schnitzelsMay 23, 2022
- Winter vegetable bake with tahini-seed crumbleMay 23, 2022
- Italian chicken schnitzelMay 23, 2022