- 8 slice wholemeal bread (360g)
- 8 slice leg ham (240g)
- 40 gram (1½ ounces) butter
- 4 eggs
- 20 gram (¾ ounce) butter
- 1 tablespoon plain (all-purpose) flour
- 3/4 cup (180ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (60g) finely grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1For the cheese béchamel, melt butter in small saucepan, add flour; cook, stirring, 1 minute. Gradually add milk; cook, stirring, until sauce boils and thickens. Remove from heat; stir in cheese and parsley.
- 2Spread béchamel onto each bread slice. Top four of the slices with ham, then remaining bread.
- 3Melt butter in large frying pan. Add sandwiches, in batches; toast until browned both sides. Remove from pan.
- 4Fry the eggs in same pan until the white is cooked but the yolk is still soft and runny. Top each sandwich with an egg.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsYesterday 8:00pm
- Lamington popsYesterday 1:00pm
- Beet and black bean burgerJan 23, 2020
- Sticky wing with sesame saltJan 23, 2020
- Salmon and potato salad with mustardy dressingJan 23, 2020
- How to bake basic damper while campingJan 23, 2020
- Korean-style barbecued chicken riceJan 23, 2020
- "Eat your greens" chicken saladJan 23, 2020
- Sticky pork with sweet and sour saladJan 23, 2020
- Broccoli and paneer saag curryJan 23, 2020
- Roast pumpkin dip with spiced chickpeasJan 23, 2020
- Szechuan-style chilli eggplantJan 23, 2020
- Paper cup popsiclesJan 23, 2020
- Green minestrone with pestoJan 23, 2020