- 8 slice wholemeal bread (360g)
- 8 slice leg ham (240g)
- 40 gram (1½ ounces) butter
- 4 eggs
- 20 gram (¾ ounce) butter
- 1 tablespoon plain (all-purpose) flour
- 3/4 cup (180ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (60g) finely grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1For the cheese béchamel, melt butter in small saucepan, add flour; cook, stirring, 1 minute. Gradually add milk; cook, stirring, until sauce boils and thickens. Remove from heat; stir in cheese and parsley.
- 2Spread béchamel onto each bread slice. Top four of the slices with ham, then remaining bread.
- 3Melt butter in large frying pan. Add sandwiches, in batches; toast until browned both sides. Remove from pan.
- 4Fry the eggs in same pan until the white is cooked but the yolk is still soft and runny. Top each sandwich with an egg.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Passionfruit curd teacakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Kimchi and cheese toastiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooked pork in ginger beerYesterday 2:00pm
- Pearl couscous ‘kedgeree’Yesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooker bolognese sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- Mixed bean, spinach and paneer rogan joshYesterday 2:00pm
- Rigatoni with zucchini and chilliYesterday 2:00pm
- Vanilla sliceJun 17, 2021
- ShortbreadJun 17, 2021
- Baked custardJun 17, 2021
- Beef massamanJun 17, 2021
- Coconut pumpkin soup made in your slow cookerJun 17, 2021
- Steak and spuds with salsa verdeJun 17, 2021
- Rainbow bibimbap bowlsJun 16, 2021
- 22 easy dinner recipesJun 16, 2021