Crispy chicken tacos
- 1 large chicken breast, sliced into even-sized strips
- 2 tablespoon sour cream
- pinch turmeric
- 1 teaspoon mexican seasoning or cajun spice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cup (approx) panko or fresh breadcrumbs
- oil for frying
- 8 crispy taco shells
- grated cheese, shredded lettuce, grated carrot, diced red onion, sliced cucumber, to serve
- sour cream and sweet chilli sauce, for garnish
- 1In a glass or stainless steel bowl, combine the chicken strips, sour cream, turmeric, spice, garlic and lemon juice, then mix until coated. Leave to marinate for up to 2 hours.
- 2When ready to serve, toss the marinated chicken strips in the panko or breadcrumbs and cook in a large, preheated frying pan with a little oil until golden and cooked through.
- 3Serve the chicken strips in warmed taco shells with a range of salad ingredients. Top with a dollop of sour cream and drizzle over sweet chilli.
Add more or less seasoning depending on your tastes.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Prawn and vegetable Okonomiyaki - Japanese pancakeYesterday 12:58am
- Cauliflower recipesMay 06, 2021
- Old-fashioned curried sausagesMay 06, 2021
- What food is in season in May?May 06, 2021
- Baked cauliflowerMay 06, 2021
- Thai beef saladMay 06, 2021
- Perfect panna cotta recipesMay 06, 2021
- Sensational sweet tartsMay 06, 2021
- Apple turnoversMay 06, 2021
- Lemon meringue pieMay 06, 2021
- Fruit mince sliceMay 06, 2021
- Tasty treats for Mother's Day morning teaMay 05, 2021
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021