Crispy chicken tacos
- 1 large chicken breast, sliced into even-sized strips
- 2 tablespoon sour cream
- pinch turmeric
- 1 teaspoon mexican seasoning or cajun spice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cup (approx) panko or fresh breadcrumbs
- oil for frying
- 8 crispy taco shells
- grated cheese, shredded lettuce, grated carrot, diced red onion, sliced cucumber, to serve
- sour cream and sweet chilli sauce, for garnish
- 1In a glass or stainless steel bowl, combine the chicken strips, sour cream, turmeric, spice, garlic and lemon juice, then mix until coated. Leave to marinate for up to 2 hours.
- 2When ready to serve, toss the marinated chicken strips in the panko or breadcrumbs and cook in a large, preheated frying pan with a little oil until golden and cooked through.
- 3Serve the chicken strips in warmed taco shells with a range of salad ingredients. Top with a dollop of sour cream and drizzle over sweet chilli.
Add more or less seasoning depending on your tastes.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Baked rice custardToday 5:26am
- Slow-cooked beef ragu with pappardelleToday 2:21am
- Beef WellingtonToday 12:27am
- Slow cooker bean bourgignonYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooker veal rolls (involtini) with prosciutto and sageYesterday 2:00pm
- Spinach gozlemeYesterday 2:00pm
- 45 comforting custard dessertsYesterday 2:00pm
- Lemon meringue pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Ragù alla bologneseYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooker lamb shanks with tomato, chilli and fettaYesterday 2:00pm
- Duxelles-filled lamb leg with roast vegetablesYesterday 2:00pm
- Cauliflower cheeseYesterday 7:00am
- Slow-cooker Thai basil and chilli chicken with cashewsYesterday 6:15am
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesYesterday 5:15am
- Lemon drizzle cakeYesterday 4:18am