Perefect served with a quick coleslaw or by itself.
Crisp fried chicken
- 1.6 kilogram chicken pieces
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose seasoning, plus 1/3 cup extra
- 600 millilitre buttermilk
- 2 cup self-raising flour, seasoned
- vegetable oil, to deep-fry
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 lemon, zest finely grated, cut into wedges
- 3/4 cup cream, whipped
- mixed salad, to serve
Crisp fried chicken
- 1Score drumsticks. Cut breast pieces in half crosswise. Place chicken pieces in a large bowl. Add seasoning and buttermilk; toss to coat. Cover with plastic food wrap; chill for 6 hours to marinate. Drain chicken; discard marinade.
- 2Combine seasoned flour and extra seasoning in an extra-large resealable food storage bag. Add drained chicken pieces. Hold bag closed tightly; shake vigorously until chicken pieces are coated evenly.
- 3Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over moderate heat (oil is ready when a cube of bread crisps quickly without absorbing oil). Deep-fry chicken, in batches, for 10 minutes or until golden and cooked. Using a slotted spoon, transfer to paper towels.
- 4Whisk sour cream and zest in a bowl; fold in whipped cream. Serve chicken with lemon cream, salad and lemon wedges.
You'll find all-purpose seasoning in the spice aisle.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Winter vegie bowlYesterday 2:53am
- Spicy zucchini and ricotta pasta shellsYesterday 1:35am
- Cauliflower recipesJul 05, 2020
- Silverside frittersJul 05, 2020
- 10 meals that are quick, easy and healthyJul 05, 2020
- Perfect pumpkin recipesJul 05, 2020
- Pumpkin pieJul 05, 2020
- Double chocolate brownie cookiesJul 03, 2020
- Osso buco with gremolataJul 02, 2020
- Quince galetteJul 02, 2020
- Easy rissole recipesJul 02, 2020
- Silverbeet and ricotta dumplingsJul 02, 2020
- Pear & ginger upside-down cakeJul 02, 2020
- Coffee & cardamon brisketJul 02, 2020
- Rocky roadJul 02, 2020
- Churros with hot chocolateJul 02, 2020