This family-sized creme caramel recipe is served in a large pan rather than individual pots so you can scoop out as much as you need. This classic French recipe is completely unbeatable for dessert.
- 3/4 cup (165g) caster sugar
- 1/2 cup (125ml) water
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (75g) caster sugar, extra
- 1 1/4 cup (310ml) thickened (heavy) cream
- 1 3/4 cup (430ml) milk
- 1Preheat the oven to 160°C (140°C fan-forced).
- 2Stir sugar and the water in medium heavy-based frying pan over heat, without boiling, until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil; boil, uncovered, without stirring, until mixture is a deep caramel colour. Remove from heat; allow bubbles to subside. Pour toffee into deep 20cm round cake pan.
- 3Whisk eggs, extract and extra sugar in large bowl.
- 4Bring cream and milk to the boil in medium saucepan. Whisking constantly, pour hot milk mixture into egg mixture. Strain mixture into cake pan.
- 5Place pan in baking dish; add enough boiling water to come half way up side of pan. Bake about 40 minutes or until set.
- 6Remove creme caramel from baking dish. Cover; refrigerate overnight.
- 7Gently ease creme caramel from side of pan; invert onto deep-sided serving plate.
You can use a 300ml carton of cream in this recipe.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Pasta al forno - Italian sausage pasta bakeToday 7:48am
- Vietnamese beef saladToday 6:23am
- Lattice biscuit citrus cheesecakeToday 6:00am
- Hoot hoot horray owl birthday cakeToday 5:26am
- Cauliflower and parsley saladToday 2:56am
- Impressive no-bake cheesecakes to finish a mealToday 1:13am
- Easy lemon cheesecakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Perfect puff pastry recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Kale recipes you'll go crazy forSep 28, 2020
- Cauliflower 'fried rice' with mushrooms and hamSep 28, 2020
- Cauliflower recipesSep 27, 2020
- Lamb and spinach samosasSep 27, 2020
- Garibaldi sliceSep 27, 2020
- Easy Danish pastriesSep 27, 2020
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesSep 27, 2020
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesSep 27, 2020