- 3/4 cup (165g) caster sugar
- 1/2 cup (125ml) water
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (75g) caster sugar, extra
- 1 1/4 cup (310ml) thickened (heavy) cream
- 1 3/4 cup (430ml) milk
- 1Preheat the oven to 160°C (140°C fan-forced).
- 2Stir sugar and the water in medium heavy-based frying pan over heat, without boiling, until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil; boil, uncovered, without stirring, until mixture is a deep caramel colour. Remove from heat; allow bubbles to subside. Pour toffee into deep 20cm round cake pan.
- 3Whisk eggs, extract and extra sugar in large bowl.
- 4Bring cream and milk to the boil in medium saucepan. Whisking constantly, pour hot milk mixture into egg mixture. Strain mixture into cake pan.
- 5Place pan in baking dish; add enough boiling water to come half way up side of pan. Bake about 40 minutes or until set.
- 6Remove creme caramel from baking dish. Cover; refrigerate overnight.
- 7Gently ease creme caramel from side of pan; invert onto deep-sided serving plate.
You can use a 300ml carton of cream in this recipe.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Basic white breadYesterday 5:27am
- Tuna mornayYesterday 1:00am
- 27 delicious ways to use pesto in your recipesYesterday 12:03am
- Shepherd's pieMay 24, 2020
- Chicken noodle soupMay 24, 2020
- 27 brilliant ways to use barley in your recipesMay 24, 2020
- Lemonade sconesMay 24, 2020
- Pea and ham soupMay 24, 2020
- Cheesy smoked baked beans with pumpkinMay 22, 2020
- Lamb osso bucoMay 22, 2020
- 26 really good rhubarb recipesMay 22, 2020
- How to remove and eat pomegranate seedsMay 21, 2020
- Perfect pomegranate recipesMay 21, 2020
- Paprika chickenMay 21, 2020
- Vanilla cupcakesMay 21, 2020