Looking for more potato salad recipes?
Creamy potato salad
- 1.5 kilograms kipfler (fingerling) or small dutch cream potatoes
- 4 eggs, at room temperature
- 4 rindless bacon slices (260g), halved
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh dill
- ¼ cup (45g) drained cornichons, sliced (see tips)
- 1 cup (300g) whole-egg mayonnaise
- ¼ cup (60ml) pouring cream
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
Creamy potato salad
- 1Scrub potatoes well. Place potatoes in a large saucepan; cover with cold salted water. Cover pan; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, for 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain; cool slightly. Cut potatoes into thick rounds. Transfer to a large bowl.
- 2Meanwhile, place eggs in a small saucepan. Cover with warm water. Cover pan; bring to the boil. Boil, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Drain immediately, then rinse under cold water until cool enough to handle. Peel eggs.
- 3Preheat grill (broiler). Place bacon, in a single layer, on
an oven tray lined with foil; grill until browned. Turn and grill until browned. Drain on paper towel. Chop coarsely.
- 4Reserve a quarter of the bacon, chives and dill. Add remaining bacon, chives and dill, along with the cornichons, to potato in bowl. Add combined mayonnaise, cream, mustard and garlic; toss gently. Season to taste.
- 5Spoon potato salad into a serving bowl. Top with halved eggs and the reserved bacon, chives and dill.
Recipe is not suitable to freeze or microwave.Cornichons are baby gherkins. You can use sliced or chopped dill pickles or gherkins, if you prefer.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Cider-braised pork with applesApr 30, 2021
- Lentil and vegetable soupApr 30, 2021
- Ratatouille bake with cauliflower bechamelApr 30, 2021
- Beef and mushroom stewApr 30, 2021
- Chicken paprikashApr 30, 2021
- Cheesy eggplant and lentil bakeApr 30, 2021
- Miso eggplant and noodle saladYesterday 10:00pm
- New York cheesecakeYesterday 5:00pm
- Baked breakfast oats with stone fruit and rhubarbYesterday 2:00pm
- Roast chicken with herb stuffingYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Orange, semolina and rhubarb cakeYesterday 2:00pm
- 23 sweet and savoury hand piesYesterday 2:00pm
- Easy gravyYesterday 2:00pm