- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 4 x 250g scotch fillet steaks (or rump steaks)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon brandy
- 1/3 cup (80ml) beef stock
- 55 gram can green peppercorns, drained
- 1/2 cup (125ml) thickened cream
- 1Rub pepper over both sides of steaks.
- 2Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Season steaks with salt. Cook steaks for about 3 minutes each side or until done as desired. Remove the steaks to a plate; cover with foil to keep warm.
- 3Pour the brandy into the pan; stir well to remove any nice brown bits from the pan. Add the stock, peppercorns and cream. Simmer, uncovered, for about 5 minutes or until thickened slightly. Season to taste. Add any juices from the steak to the pan; stir until combined.
- 4Serve the steaks with the pepper sauce, creamy mashed potato and steamed greens.
If canned peppercorns aren't available, use 1 extra tablespoon of freshly ground black pepper instead.