Creamy marinara pie
- 60 gram butter, chopped
- 1 leek, trimmed, sliced
- 1 baby fennel bulb, trimmed, sliced
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 750 gram seafood marinara mix
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill, plus sprigs to serve
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- steamed broccolini, halved lemons, to serve
- 2 x 475g tubs mashed potatoes
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
Creamy marinara pie
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Lightly grease a 12-cup baking dish.
- 2In a large deep frying pan, melt butter on medium. Sauté leek and fennel for 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Gradually whisk in milk, stock and Dijon until smooth. Return to heat and cook, stirring, until sauce boils and thickens.
- 3Stir marinara mix, dill and zest through. Season to taste. Transfer mixture to baking dish.
- 4To make the topping; heat the mash potato following packet instructions. Transfer to a large bowl with cream. Mix well. Spread over marinara mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 5Bake for 25-30 minutes until bubbling and golden. Serve with steamed broccolini, halved lemons and extra dill sprigs.
Make your own marinara mix by using salmon, calamari, prawns, mussels or other favourite seafood.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 12 easy Japanese dishesAug 02, 2020
- Roast lambAug 02, 2020
- Cheese delightsAug 02, 2020
- Cauliflower cream soup with mushroomsAug 02, 2020
- Healthy lunchbox recipesAug 02, 2020
- How to cook corned beef in a pressure cookerAug 02, 2020
- Savoury apple sauceAug 02, 2020
- Cheesecake recipesAug 02, 2020
- Our favourite family roastsAug 02, 2020
- Healthy and tasty low-fat recipesJul 30, 2020
- Karaage chicken with Sriracha mayonnaiseJul 30, 2020
- Delicious pasta salad recipes to look forward toJul 30, 2020
- Lamb shanks massamanJul 29, 2020
- Healthy banana breadJul 29, 2020
- Sensational savoury piesJul 29, 2020