- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (800g) chicken breast fillets
- 1 green onion, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoon dry white wine
- 2/3 cup (160ml) pouring cream
- 2 tablespoon prepared horseradish (see notes)
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill, finely chopped
- 20 gram butter
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 600 gram trimmed spinach, chopped coarsely
- 1In a large frying pan, heat half the oil over medium heat; cook chicken for about 5-10 minutes, or until browned and tender. Remove from pan; cover to keep warm.
- 2Heat remaining oil in same pan; cook onion, stirring, for about 2 minutes or until soft. Add wine; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for about 3 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Add cream; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for about 2 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly. Add horseradish, juice, mustard and dill; stir over heat until heated through.
- 3Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter; cook garlic, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add spinach; cook over low heat, covered, for about 2 minutes or until wilted.
- 4Serve chicken and spinach drizzled with sauce.
Horseradish is sold in various forms; make sure you use the prepared white horseradish in this recipe, not horseradish cream. You need about four large bunches of spinach weighing about 1.6kg to get the amount of trimmed spinach required for this recipe.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Seeded pumpkin breadYesterday 1:00pm
- Apple crumbleYesterday 1:00pm
- White chocolate, raspberry and macadamia blondiesYesterday 1:00pm
- Gluten-free banana breadYesterday 1:00pm
- Fresh tomato pizzettasYesterday 1:00pm
- 28 mango recipes for dessertYesterday 1:00pm
- Basic hummusOct 20, 2021
- Roti canai flatbreadOct 20, 2021
- Custard tartOct 20, 2021
- Our best hummus recipesOct 20, 2021
- How to start a food blogOct 20, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeOct 20, 2021
- 34 marvellous meatball recipesOct 20, 2021
- Peaches and cream pieOct 20, 2021
- Vietnamese chicken pho recipeOct 19, 2021