- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (800g) chicken breast fillets
- 1 green onion, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoon dry white wine
- 2/3 cup (160ml) pouring cream
- 2 tablespoon prepared horseradish (see notes)
- 2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon fresh dill, finely chopped
- 20 gram butter
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 600 gram trimmed spinach, chopped coarsely
- 1In a large frying pan, heat half the oil over medium heat; cook chicken for about 5-10 minutes, or until browned and tender. Remove from pan; cover to keep warm.
- 2Heat remaining oil in same pan; cook onion, stirring, for about 2 minutes or until soft. Add wine; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for about 3 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half. Add cream; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for about 2 minutes or until sauce thickens slightly. Add horseradish, juice, mustard and dill; stir over heat until heated through.
- 3Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter; cook garlic, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add spinach; cook over low heat, covered, for about 2 minutes or until wilted.
- 4Serve chicken and spinach drizzled with sauce.
Horseradish is sold in various forms; make sure you use the prepared white horseradish in this recipe, not horseradish cream. You need about four large bunches of spinach weighing about 1.6kg to get the amount of trimmed spinach required for this recipe.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Beef curry with turmeric rice and coconut sambalJun 14, 2019
- Banana cake recipesJun 14, 2019
- Beef curry recipesJun 14, 2019
- Fabulous frittata recipesJun 13, 2019
- 10 perfect puff pastry recipesJun 12, 2019
- 10 easy risotto recipesJun 11, 2019
- Quiche LorraineJun 06, 2019
- Vegetarian nachosJun 06, 2019
- Quince recipesJun 06, 2019
- Fried rice recipesJun 06, 2019
- Roasted chickpeas & beansJun 05, 2019
- 14 cheeky chickpea recipesJun 05, 2019
- Waffles à la suzetteJun 04, 2019
- Vegetable and chickpea frittersJun 04, 2019
- Pea and ham soupJun 04, 2019
- Embrace eggplant with these 10 tasty recipesJun 03, 2019