- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 leek, sliced thinly
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced thinly
- 200 gram swiss brown mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 cup (125ml) dry white wine
- 4 chicken breast fillets, chopped coarsely
- 300 millilitre pouring cream
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced).
- 2Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, cook garlic, leek, fennel and mushrooms, stirring, for 5 minutes or until vegetables soften.
- 3Stir in wine, bring to the boil. Reduce heat, simmer, 3 minutes. Add chicken and cream, bring to the boil. Reduce heat, simmer 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and sauce has thickened slightly. Stir in mustard and parsley.
- 4Spoon filling into four 1½ cup (375ml) ovenproof bowls or dishes. Cut pastry sheets in half, trim halves into 12cm x 18cm (4¾-inch x 7¼-inch) rectangles. Place a pastry rectangle on each bowl, pressing down gently to seal. Brush pastry with egg. Using a small sharp knife, score five lines on each pastry lid at 2.5cm (1-inch) intervals; sprinkle tops wtih fennel seeds and salt.
- 5Bake pies for 25 minutes or until pastry is puffed and golden.
Place 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil and a clove of garlic in a screw-top jar; shake well. Place 100g (3 ounces) baby rocket (arugula) leaves in a large bowl with ¼ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, ¼ cup fresh mint leaves and dressing; toss gently to combine. Serve salad topped with 2 chopped green onions (scallions).
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Christmas seafood recipes to impress your guestsToday 4:53am
- Sweet pea, cinnamon and orange cakeToday 1:48am
- Gluten-free Christmas cakesYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 Christmas desserts to end your feast on a highYesterday 1:00pm
- Apple pieNov 27, 2020
- Christmas dinners that aren't Christmas hamNov 26, 2020
- Lemon and poppyseed shortbreadNov 26, 2020
- Chocolate and cardamom shortbreadNov 26, 2020
- Super-moist rich fruit cakeNov 26, 2020
- Pumpkin pieNov 26, 2020
- ProfiterolesNov 26, 2020
- Latte shortbread starsNov 26, 2020
- Sensational summer dessertsNov 26, 2020
- Stunning smoked salmon recipesNov 26, 2020