- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 leek, sliced thinly
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced thinly
- 200 gram swiss brown mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 cup (125ml) dry white wine
- 4 chicken breast fillets, chopped coarsely
- 300 millilitre pouring cream
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced).
- 2Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, cook garlic, leek, fennel and mushrooms, stirring, for 5 minutes or until vegetables soften.
- 3Stir in wine, bring to the boil. Reduce heat, simmer, 3 minutes. Add chicken and cream, bring to the boil. Reduce heat, simmer 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and sauce has thickened slightly. Stir in mustard and parsley.
- 4Spoon filling into four 1½ cup (375ml) ovenproof bowls or dishes. Cut pastry sheets in half, trim halves into 12cm x 18cm (4¾-inch x 7¼-inch) rectangles. Place a pastry rectangle on each bowl, pressing down gently to seal. Brush pastry with egg. Using a small sharp knife, score five lines on each pastry lid at 2.5cm (1-inch) intervals; sprinkle tops wtih fennel seeds and salt.
- 5Bake pies for 25 minutes or until pastry is puffed and golden.
Place 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil and a clove of garlic in a screw-top jar; shake well. Place 100g (3 ounces) baby rocket (arugula) leaves in a large bowl with ¼ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, ¼ cup fresh mint leaves and dressing; toss gently to combine. Serve salad topped with 2 chopped green onions (scallions).
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Baked rice custardToday 5:26am
- Slow-cooked beef ragu with pappardelleToday 2:21am
- Beef WellingtonToday 12:27am
- Slow cooker bean bourgignonYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooker veal rolls (involtini) with prosciutto and sageYesterday 2:00pm
- Spinach gozlemeYesterday 2:00pm
- 45 comforting custard dessertsYesterday 2:00pm
- Lemon meringue pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Ragù alla bologneseYesterday 2:00pm
- Slow cooker lamb shanks with tomato, chilli and fettaYesterday 2:00pm
- Duxelles-filled lamb leg with roast vegetablesYesterday 2:00pm
- Cauliflower cheeseYesterday 7:00am
- Slow-cooker Thai basil and chilli chicken with cashewsYesterday 6:15am
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesYesterday 5:15am
- Lemon drizzle cakeYesterday 4:18am