- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 leek, sliced thinly
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced thinly
- 200 gram swiss brown mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 cup (125ml) dry white wine
- 4 chicken breast fillets, chopped coarsely
- 300 millilitre pouring cream
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan forced).
- 2Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, cook garlic, leek, fennel and mushrooms, stirring, for 5 minutes or until vegetables soften.
- 3Stir in wine, bring to the boil. Reduce heat, simmer, 3 minutes. Add chicken and cream, bring to the boil. Reduce heat, simmer 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and sauce has thickened slightly. Stir in mustard and parsley.
- 4Spoon filling into four 1½ cup (375ml) ovenproof bowls or dishes. Cut pastry sheets in half, trim halves into 12cm x 18cm (4¾-inch x 7¼-inch) rectangles. Place a pastry rectangle on each bowl, pressing down gently to seal. Brush pastry with egg. Using a small sharp knife, score five lines on each pastry lid at 2.5cm (1-inch) intervals; sprinkle tops wtih fennel seeds and salt.
- 5Bake pies for 25 minutes or until pastry is puffed and golden.
Place 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil and a clove of garlic in a screw-top jar; shake well. Place 100g (3 ounces) baby rocket (arugula) leaves in a large bowl with ¼ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, ¼ cup fresh mint leaves and dressing; toss gently to combine. Serve salad topped with 2 chopped green onions (scallions).
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Prawn and vegetable Okonomiyaki - Japanese pancakeToday 12:58am
- Cauliflower recipesYesterday 11:29pm
- Old-fashioned curried sausagesYesterday 10:21pm
- What food is in season in May?Yesterday 2:00pm
- Sensational sweet tartsYesterday 2:00pm
- Thai beef saladYesterday 2:00pm
- Perfect panna cotta recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Baked cauliflowerYesterday 2:00pm
- Lemon meringue pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Tasty treats for Mother's Day morning teaMay 05, 2021
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021
- Bolognese pasta bakeMay 04, 2021
- 20 edible gift ideas for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021