Creamy chicken crêpes
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chervil
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 50 gram butter
- 150 gram button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup (60 millilitres) dry white wine
- 1/4 cup (35 grams) plain flour
- 3 cup (750 millilitres) hot milk
- 2 cup (320 grams) shredded cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup (110 grams) plain flour
- 1 1/2 cup (375 millillitres) milk
- 1 egg
Creamy chicken crêpes
- 1Make crêpe batter.
- 2Heat oiled 24cm heavy-based frying pan; pour 2 tbsp batter into pan, tilting pan to coat base. Cook over low heat until browned lightly; loosen crêpe around edge with spatula. Turn crêpe; brown other side. Remove crêpe from pan; cover to keep warm for toddler.
- 3Stir chervil and half the onion into remaining crêpe batter. Pour ¼ cup batter into pan, tilting pan to coat base. Cook over low heat until browned lightly, loosen around edge with spatula. Turn crêpe; brown other side. Remove crêpe from pan; cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter to make eight herb crêpes.
- 4Melt 20 grams of the butter in same pan; cook mushrooms and garlic, stirring, until mushrooms are tender. Add wine; bring to the boil. Boil until liquid has evaporated.
- 5Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, melt remaining butter. Add flour; cook, stirring, until mixture bubbles and thickens. Gradually add milk; cook, stirring, until mixture boils and thickens. Add chicken and remaining onion; stir until hot.
- 6Stir mushroom mixture into remaining chicken mixture, season to taste; divide mixture over herb crêpes. Fold crêpes into quarters.
- 7In a medium bowl, whisk ingredients until smooth; strain mixture into large jug, stand 30 minutes.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate chip cookiesMar 05, 2021
- Our best cupcake recipesMar 04, 2021
- TiramisuMar 04, 2021
- 20 indulgent dark chocolate recipesMar 04, 2021
- Easy hot cross bunsMar 04, 2021
- Meat piesMar 04, 2021
- Spaghetti marinaraMar 04, 2021
- Beef stroganoffMar 04, 2021
- Peanut butter and jelly french toastMar 04, 2021
- Perfect kids' party foodMar 04, 2021
- Curried sausagesMar 04, 2021
- TabboulehMar 04, 2021
- Harissa and maple pumpkin soupMar 04, 2021
- Lentil sausage rolls with tomato sumac saladMar 04, 2021