- 60 gram butter
- 2 (160g) rindless bacon slices, sliced thinly
- 1 (350g) medium leek, trimmed, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoon plain (all-purpose) flour
- 3/4 cup (180ml) chicken stock
- 1 cup (250ml) pouring cream
- 3 cup (250g) broccoli florets
- 650 gram skinless white fish fillets, chopped coarsely
- 1 (200g) medium potato, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup (30g) cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan forced). Oil 1.5-litre (6-cup) ovenproof dish.
- 2Melt butter in large saucepan, cook bacon and leek, stirring, until leek is soft. Add flour, cook, stirring, until mixture bubbles and thickens. Gradually stir in stock, cream and broccoli. Stir over heat until mixture boils and thickens. Add fish, stir until heated through. Season.
- 3Spoon mixture into dish. Top with potato slices, sprinkle with cheese.
- 4Bake uncovered, about 25 minutes or until browned lightly.
We used blue eye in this recipe, but any white fish fillet will be fine.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Crisp-skin barramundi with mandarin salsaMay 20, 2019
- Mandarin marmaladeMay 20, 2019
- Mandarin and chai soufflesMay 20, 2019
- Magical mandarin recipesMay 20, 2019
- Mandarin and cardamom gluten-free muesliMay 19, 2019
- Mandarin and poppy seed friandsMay 19, 2019
- Jam dropsMay 15, 2019
- Cottage pieMay 15, 2019
- Slow cooker soup recipesMay 15, 2019
- Apple pieMay 14, 2019
- Cuban black bean soup in the slow cookerMay 14, 2019
- Slow cooker vegetable minestroneMay 14, 2019
- Slow-cooker ribollitaMay 14, 2019
- Slow-cooker borschtMay 14, 2019
- Ricotta recipes for a delicious dinnerMay 14, 2019