- 60 gram butter
- 2 (160g) rindless bacon slices, sliced thinly
- 1 (350g) medium leek, trimmed, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoon plain (all-purpose) flour
- 3/4 cup (180ml) chicken stock
- 1 cup (250ml) pouring cream
- 3 cup (250g) broccoli florets
- 650 gram skinless white fish fillets, chopped coarsely
- 1 (200g) medium potato, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup (30g) cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan forced). Oil 1.5-litre (6-cup) ovenproof dish.
- 2Melt butter in large saucepan, cook bacon and leek, stirring, until leek is soft. Add flour, cook, stirring, until mixture bubbles and thickens. Gradually stir in stock, cream and broccoli. Stir over heat until mixture boils and thickens. Add fish, stir until heated through. Season.
- 3Spoon mixture into dish. Top with potato slices, sprinkle with cheese.
- 4Bake uncovered, about 25 minutes or until browned lightly.
We used blue eye in this recipe, but any white fish fillet will be fine.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Blackberry parfaitYesterday 12:43am
- Pork silverside roast with maple-roasted vegiesJul 21, 2019
- Quick & easy minestroneJul 19, 2019
- Salmon parcels with kipfler potatoesJul 19, 2019
- 12 brussels sprouts recipesJul 18, 2019
- Ultimate greek saladJul 18, 2019
- Parsnip noodles with spicy lamb meatball raguJul 17, 2019
- 10 oat dessert and snack recipesJul 17, 2019
- Mint jellyJul 17, 2019
- 12 brilliant baked cheesecakesJul 17, 2019
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesJul 16, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootJul 16, 2019
- Easy bolognese recipesJul 16, 2019
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeJul 15, 2019
- French toastJul 13, 2019