- 60 gram butter
- 2 (160g) rindless bacon slices, sliced thinly
- 1 (350g) medium leek, trimmed, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoon plain (all-purpose) flour
- 3/4 cup (180ml) chicken stock
- 1 cup (250ml) pouring cream
- 3 cup (250g) broccoli florets
- 650 gram skinless white fish fillets, chopped coarsely
- 1 (200g) medium potato, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup (30g) cheddar cheese, coarsely grated
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C (200°C fan forced). Oil 1.5-litre (6-cup) ovenproof dish.
- 2Melt butter in large saucepan, cook bacon and leek, stirring, until leek is soft. Add flour, cook, stirring, until mixture bubbles and thickens. Gradually stir in stock, cream and broccoli. Stir over heat until mixture boils and thickens. Add fish, stir until heated through. Season.
- 3Spoon mixture into dish. Top with potato slices, sprinkle with cheese.
- 4Bake uncovered, about 25 minutes or until browned lightly.
We used blue eye in this recipe, but any white fish fillet will be fine.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Balsamic honey pulled-pork bunsYesterday 10:00pm
- Beef stroganoffYesterday 2:00pm
- ColeslawYesterday 2:00pm
- Chinese honey chickenYesterday 2:00pm
- Singapore noodlesYesterday 2:00pm
- Crisp fried chickenYesterday 2:00pm
- Basic white breadMay 25, 2020
- Tuna mornayMay 25, 2020
- 27 delicious ways to use pesto in your recipesMay 25, 2020
- Pea and ham soupMay 24, 2020
- Chicken noodle soupMay 24, 2020
- Lemonade sconesMay 24, 2020
- 27 brilliant ways to use barley in your recipesMay 24, 2020
- Shepherd's pieMay 24, 2020
- Cheesy smoked baked beans with pumpkinMay 22, 2020
- Lamb osso bucoMay 22, 2020