- 1 litre (4 cups) full-cream milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/3 cup (75g) caster sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) medium grain calrose rice
Poached cherries and blueberries
- 300 gram frozen cherries
- 150 gram frozen blueberries
- 1 strip orange rind
- 2 tablespoon caster sugar
Creamed rice with poached cherries and blueberries
- 1Place milk, vanilla, cinnamon and sugar in a large saucepan. Bring to boil over medium heat.
- 2Stir in rice. Reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 1 hour, or until rice is cooked and thickened. Remove from heat.
- 3Meanwhile, to make poached fruit, place cherries, blueberries, rind and sugar in a medium saucepan. Cook, stirring, until sugar dissolves and fruit is hot.
- 4Divide warm or cooled creamed rice among serving bowls. Serve with poached cherries and blueberries.
Unfortunately, this recipe is not suitable to freeze or microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Lemon meringue pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Cauliflower cheeseYesterday 7:00am
- Slow-cooker Thai basil and chilli chicken with cashewsYesterday 6:15am
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesYesterday 5:15am
- Lemon drizzle cakeYesterday 4:18am
- Rhubarb and vanilla baked custardYesterday 2:44am
- Cottage pieMay 23, 2022
- Cheesy vegetable pasta bakeMay 23, 2022
- Turkish bread with lamb and eggsMay 23, 2022
- 20 perfect pasta bakesMay 23, 2022
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaMay 23, 2022
- Italian chicken schnitzelMay 23, 2022
- 20 sensational schnitzelsMay 23, 2022
- Shortbread buttonsMay 23, 2022