- 1 litre (4 cups) milk
- 2/3 cup (150g) caster sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) short-grain rice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1Combine milk and sugar in medium saucepan, bring to the boil, stirring. Gradually stir rice into the boiling milk.
- 2Cover pan tightly, reduce heat to low, cook, stirring occasionally, about 1 hour or until rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- 3Stir in extract. Serve warm or cold.
Recipe can be made a day ahead, store, covered, in the refrigerator. It is important to use full-cream milk in this recipe,ook rice slowly for creamiest results. Serve with fruit of your choice.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- French toastOct 16, 2019
- Honey joysOct 16, 2019
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpOct 16, 2019
- Peanut butter cookiesOct 16, 2019
- Chicken curry recipesOct 16, 2019
- Ocean trout salad with edamame miso dressingOct 16, 2019
- Windsor shortbreadOct 16, 2019
- Coconut riceOct 16, 2019
- Best burger recipesOct 16, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsOct 16, 2019
- Sweet potato bubble and squeakOct 16, 2019
- Spiced apple filo coilOct 16, 2019
- Lemon curd cakeOct 16, 2019
- Butter chickenOct 15, 2019
- Vanilla sliceOct 15, 2019
- Pistachio, honey and cardamom kulfiOct 15, 2019