- 1 litre (4 cups) milk
- 2/3 cup (150g) caster sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) short-grain rice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1Combine milk and sugar in medium saucepan, bring to the boil, stirring. Gradually stir rice into the boiling milk.
- 2Cover pan tightly, reduce heat to low, cook, stirring occasionally, about 1 hour or until rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- 3Stir in extract. Serve warm or cold.
Recipe can be made a day ahead, store, covered, in the refrigerator. It is important to use full-cream milk in this recipe,ook rice slowly for creamiest results. Serve with fruit of your choice.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Quick & easy minestroneToday 2:24am
- Salmon parcels with kipfler potatoesToday 12:03am
- 12 brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 1:10am
- Ultimate greek saladYesterday 12:01am
- Parsnip noodles with spicy lamb meatball raguJul 17, 2019
- 10 oat dessert and snack recipesJul 17, 2019
- Mint jellyJul 17, 2019
- 12 brilliant baked cheesecakesJul 17, 2019
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesJul 16, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootJul 16, 2019
- Easy bolognese recipesJul 16, 2019
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeJul 15, 2019
- French toastJul 13, 2019
- Fabulous French recipesJul 13, 2019
- Slow cooker beef rendangJul 13, 2019