- 1 litre (4 cups) milk
- 2/3 cup (150g) caster sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) short-grain rice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1Combine milk and sugar in medium saucepan, bring to the boil, stirring. Gradually stir rice into the boiling milk.
- 2Cover pan tightly, reduce heat to low, cook, stirring occasionally, about 1 hour or until rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- 3Stir in extract. Serve warm or cold.
Recipe can be made a day ahead, store, covered, in the refrigerator. It is important to use full-cream milk in this recipe,ook rice slowly for creamiest results. Serve with fruit of your choice.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Salsa verdeYesterday 2:00pm
- Potatoes with lemon and tomatoAug 05, 2022
- Popcorn butterscotch squaresAug 05, 2022
- Roast pork with apple sauceAug 04, 2022
- Lamb and lentil saladAug 04, 2022
- Chicken koftas with fig and seed pilafAug 04, 2022
- Chicken, mushroom and leek fricasseeAug 04, 2022
- Mexican riceAug 03, 2022
- Apricot choc-chip muesli barsAug 03, 2022
- Herb-crumbed baked beansAug 03, 2022
- 34 delicious desserts with an easy biscuit crustAug 03, 2022
- 51 really good rhubarb recipesAug 03, 2022
- Creative ways with celeriacAug 03, 2022
- 50 lemon dessert recipesAug 03, 2022