- 1 litre (4 cups) milk
- 2/3 cup (150g) caster sugar
- 1/2 cup (100g) short-grain rice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1Combine milk and sugar in medium saucepan, bring to the boil, stirring. Gradually stir rice into the boiling milk.
- 2Cover pan tightly, reduce heat to low, cook, stirring occasionally, about 1 hour or until rice is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- 3Stir in extract. Serve warm or cold.
Recipe can be made a day ahead, store, covered, in the refrigerator. It is important to use full-cream milk in this recipe,ook rice slowly for creamiest results. Serve with fruit of your choice.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Delicious breakfast recipes for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Star anise, soy and beer-braised beef shinMay 04, 2021
- Butterfly cakesMay 04, 2021
- Bolognese pasta bakeMay 04, 2021
- Zucchini and sweet potato loafMay 04, 2021
- 33 of our slow-cooked favouritesMay 04, 2021
- Cheesy risotto ballsMay 04, 2021
- Mixed bean chilliMay 04, 2021
- Amazing Mother's Day lunch recipes for your mumMay 04, 2021
- 20 edible gift ideas for Mother's DayMay 04, 2021
- Pizza dough and basic tomato sauceMay 04, 2021
- Prawn chu chee curryMay 04, 2021
- 25 delicious chicken breast recipesMay 04, 2021
- Spanish seafood stew with aioliMay 04, 2021