Cream of celeriac soup
- 2 kilogram celeriac, coarsely chopped
- 1 brown onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 clove garlic, quartered
- 1 celery stick, trimmed, coarsely chopped
- 6 cup (1.5l) water
- 4 cup (1l) chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup (125ml) pouring cream
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup loosely packed fresh chervil leaves
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1Combine celeriac, onion, garlic, celery, the water and stock in a 4.5-litre (18-cup) slow cooker. Cook, covered, on low, about 8 hours.
- 2Stand soup 10 minutes, then blend or process, in batches, until smooth. Return soup to cooker; stir in cream. Cook, covered, on high, until hot; season to taste.
- 3Serve soup sprinkled with chervil; drizzle with oil.
Be careful when blending or processing hot soup – don't over-fill the container (one-third to half-full as a guide), and make sure that the lid is secure.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Blackberry parfaitToday 12:43am
- Pork silverside roast with maple-roasted vegiesYesterday 11:15pm
- Quick & easy minestroneJul 19, 2019
- Salmon parcels with kipfler potatoesJul 19, 2019
- 12 brussels sprouts recipesJul 18, 2019
- Ultimate greek saladJul 18, 2019
- Parsnip noodles with spicy lamb meatball raguJul 17, 2019
- 10 oat dessert and snack recipesJul 17, 2019
- Mint jellyJul 17, 2019
- 12 brilliant baked cheesecakesJul 17, 2019
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesJul 16, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootJul 16, 2019
- Easy bolognese recipesJul 16, 2019
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeJul 15, 2019
- French toastJul 13, 2019