- 2 egg whites
- 2/3 cup (150g) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste)
- 2 1/2 cup (190g) shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup (60g) finely chopped dried cranberries
- icing sugar, to dust
- 1Preheat oven to 160°C (140°C fan-forced). Grease and line two oven trays with baking paper.
- 2Whisk egg whites, sugar and vanilla until just combined. Add coconut and dried cranberries; mix well.
- 3Using damp hands, form level tablespoons of mixture into loose conical Christmas tree shapes; place on prepared trays about 3cm apart.
- 4Bake for 20 minutes or until browned lightly. Cool on trays for 10 minutes; transfer to baking paper-lined wire racks to cool completely. Dust with icing sugar.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave. Make these Christmas trees two weeks ahead. Store in an airtight container at room temperature. You can replace the cranberries with finely chopped dried apricots, sour cherries or glacé fruit, if desired. Can be made two months in advance. Store in sterilised jars in the refrigerator if weather is hot.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Coconut, tomato and lentil soupJan 20, 2022
- 30 sweet slice recipesJan 20, 2022
- Fresh tomato pizzettasJan 20, 2022
- Our best Italian recipesJan 19, 2022
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesJan 19, 2022
- Marbled cheesecake browniesJan 19, 2022
- Lemon chicken casseroleJan 19, 2022
- Lemon sliceJan 19, 2022
- Cinnamon doughnutsJan 19, 2022
- Chicken cacciatoreJan 19, 2022
- Chilli jamJan 19, 2022
- Garlic breadJan 19, 2022
- 10 classic recipes to master once and for allJan 19, 2022