- 2 large bananas (460g), chopped coarsely
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) almond milk
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 teaspoon maca powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1Place banana in an airtight container or resealable plastic bag. Freeze for 4 hours or until firm.
- 2Blend frozen banana with remaining ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth.
- 3Serve immediately dusted with cacao powder, if you like.
To create a striped affect in your serving glass, blend 2 teaspoons cocoa powder and 1 tablespoon honey to form a paste. Spread paste on the inside of each glass. If you know that you suffer from cramps, you may like to enjoy this smoothie in the week leading up to your period as a preventative.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate chip cookiesMar 05, 2021
- Our best cupcake recipesMar 04, 2021
- TiramisuMar 04, 2021
- 20 indulgent dark chocolate recipesMar 04, 2021
- Easy hot cross bunsMar 04, 2021
- Meat piesMar 04, 2021
- Spaghetti marinaraMar 04, 2021
- Beef stroganoffMar 04, 2021
- Peanut butter and jelly french toastMar 04, 2021
- Perfect kids' party foodMar 04, 2021
- Curried sausagesMar 04, 2021
- TabboulehMar 04, 2021
- Harissa and maple pumpkin soupMar 04, 2021
- Lentil sausage rolls with tomato sumac saladMar 04, 2021