- 2 large bananas (460g), chopped coarsely
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) almond milk
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 teaspoon maca powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1Place banana in an airtight container or resealable plastic bag. Freeze for 4 hours or until firm.
- 2Blend frozen banana with remaining ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth.
- 3Serve immediately dusted with cacao powder, if you like.
To create a striped affect in your serving glass, blend 2 teaspoons cocoa powder and 1 tablespoon honey to form a paste. Spread paste on the inside of each glass. If you know that you suffer from cramps, you may like to enjoy this smoothie in the week leading up to your period as a preventative.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Quick & easy minestroneToday 2:24am
- Salmon parcels with kipfler potatoesToday 12:03am
- 12 brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 1:10am
- Ultimate greek saladYesterday 12:01am
- Parsnip noodles with spicy lamb meatball raguJul 17, 2019
- 10 oat dessert and snack recipesJul 17, 2019
- Mint jellyJul 17, 2019
- 12 brilliant baked cheesecakesJul 17, 2019
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesJul 16, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootJul 16, 2019
- Easy bolognese recipesJul 16, 2019
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeJul 15, 2019
- French toastJul 13, 2019
- Fabulous French recipesJul 13, 2019
- Slow cooker beef rendangJul 13, 2019