- 2 large bananas (460g), chopped coarsely
- 1 1/2 cup (375ml) almond milk
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 teaspoon maca powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1Place banana in an airtight container or resealable plastic bag. Freeze for 4 hours or until firm.
- 2Blend frozen banana with remaining ingredients in a high-speed blender until smooth.
- 3Serve immediately dusted with cacao powder, if you like.
To create a striped affect in your serving glass, blend 2 teaspoons cocoa powder and 1 tablespoon honey to form a paste. Spread paste on the inside of each glass. If you know that you suffer from cramps, you may like to enjoy this smoothie in the week leading up to your period as a preventative.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- French toastOct 16, 2019
- Honey joysOct 16, 2019
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpOct 16, 2019
- Peanut butter cookiesOct 16, 2019
- Chicken curry recipesOct 16, 2019
- Ocean trout salad with edamame miso dressingOct 16, 2019
- Windsor shortbreadOct 16, 2019
- Coconut riceOct 16, 2019
- Best burger recipesOct 16, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsOct 16, 2019
- Sweet potato bubble and squeakOct 16, 2019
- Spiced apple filo coilOct 16, 2019
- Lemon curd cakeOct 16, 2019
- Butter chickenOct 15, 2019
- Vanilla sliceOct 15, 2019
- Pistachio, honey and cardamom kulfiOct 15, 2019