- 500 grams (1 pound) fresh cooked white crab meat
- ½ cup (150g) whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 475 grams (15-ounce) tub mashed potato
- 1 tablespoon each finely chopped fresh chives and fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ⅓ cup (35g) plain (all-purpose) flour
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
- 1 cup (75g) panko (japanese) breadcrumbs
- 60 grams (2 ounces) ghee
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup (80ml) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 3 medium green-skinned apples (450g), cut into matchsticks
- 1 bunch red radishes, sliced thinly
- 1½ cups packed fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves
- 1To make apple salad, whisk vinegar, oil and mustard in a medium bowl until combined. Add apple, radish and coriander; toss gently to combine, season to taste.
- 2Drain crab meat on paper towel.
- 3Stir mayonnaise and rind in a medium bowl; stir in crab, potato and herbs, season. Shape mixture into 12 patties; dust patties in flour, dip in egg, then coat in breadcrumbs. Refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes.
- 4Heat ghee in a large frying pan; cook patties, in batches, until browned lightly on both sides, drain.
- 5Serve crab cakes with apple salad and lemon wedges, if you like.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Our best Italian recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Lemon chicken casseroleYesterday 1:00pm
- 29 American-style diner recipes for weekend entertainingYesterday 6:23am
- Cinnamon doughnutsYesterday 4:17am
- Chicken cacciatoreYesterday 3:00am
- Chilli jamYesterday 2:14am
- Garlic breadYesterday 1:00am
- 10 classic recipes to master once and for allYesterday 12:51am
- Chocolate cupcake thickshakeYesterday 12:39am
- Our unbeatable lemon curd recipeJan 18, 2022
- Quinoa zucchini haloumi burgersJan 18, 2022
- BaklavaJan 18, 2022
- Chocolate hazelnut sliceJan 18, 2022
- Chocolate fudge browniesJan 18, 2022