Crab and prawn salad
- 400 gram cooked prawns, peeled, deveined, chopped
- 220 gram cooked crabmeat, drained
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 birdseye chilli, finely chopped
- 1 long green chilli, seeded, chopped
- 1 lime, juice
- 1 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine, plus 2 tsp extra
- 1/2 cup water
Crab and prawn salad with crispy roti
- 1To make crispy roti, sift flour and salt together into a large bowl; stir in sugar. Make a well in centre; add margarine and water. Using hands, gently stir mixture together to form a ball.
- 2Roll dough into a log; cut into 12 equal pieces. Knead each a few times, until smooth, and shape into balls. Coat in extra margarine; arrange in a single layer in bowl. Cover with plastic wrap; rest at room temperature overnight.
- 3Working one at a time, place roti ball on a sheet of baking paper. Using a rolling pin, roll dough as thinly as possible, without tearing. Fold into thirds to create a rectangle.
- 4Heat a large frying pan on high. Fry roti 1 minute each side, until puffed and golden. Repeat roiling process while each roti is cooking, being careful not to burn.
- 5To make crab and prawn salad, combine all ingredients; season to taste. Spoon salad onto roti to serve.
To prevent dough layers from sticking and to ensure a good 'puff', spread 1/4 teaspoon margarine between folds.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Summer stone fruit pandoro puddingYesterday 9:22am
- Rosé and raspberry trifleYesterday 2:35am
- Salmon pastrami with yoghurt tartare and pickled cucumbersYesterday 1:07am
- Gingerbread gift boxesDec 12, 2019
- Salt and vinegar roast potatoesDec 12, 2019
- DukkahDec 11, 2019
- Mocha mi suDec 11, 2019
- Santa saladDec 11, 2019
- Sausage rollsDec 11, 2019
- Crackling hamDec 11, 2019
- Rich chocolate fudge recipeDec 10, 2019
- Classic roast chicken with gravyDec 10, 2019
- Gingerbread christmas treesDec 10, 2019
- Honey soy nutsDec 09, 2019
- ColeslawDec 09, 2019