Crab and prawn salad
- 400 gram cooked prawns, peeled, deveined, chopped
- 220 gram cooked crabmeat, drained
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 birdseye chilli, finely chopped
- 1 long green chilli, seeded, chopped
- 1 lime, juice
- 1 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine, plus 2 tsp extra
- 1/2 cup water
Crab and prawn salad with crispy roti
- 1To make crispy roti, sift flour and salt together into a large bowl; stir in sugar. Make a well in centre; add margarine and water. Using hands, gently stir mixture together to form a ball.
- 2Roll dough into a log; cut into 12 equal pieces. Knead each a few times, until smooth, and shape into balls. Coat in extra margarine; arrange in a single layer in bowl. Cover with plastic wrap; rest at room temperature overnight.
- 3Working one at a time, place roti ball on a sheet of baking paper. Using a rolling pin, roll dough as thinly as possible, without tearing. Fold into thirds to create a rectangle.
- 4Heat a large frying pan on high. Fry roti 1 minute each side, until puffed and golden. Repeat roiling process while each roti is cooking, being careful not to burn.
- 5To make crab and prawn salad, combine all ingredients; season to taste. Spoon salad onto roti to serve.
To prevent dough layers from sticking and to ensure a good 'puff', spread 1/4 teaspoon margarine between folds.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic lamingtonsJan 25, 2020
- Lamington popsJan 25, 2020
- Beet and black bean burgerJan 23, 2020
- Sticky wing with sesame saltJan 23, 2020
- Salmon and potato salad with mustardy dressingJan 23, 2020
- How to bake basic damper while campingJan 23, 2020
- Korean-style barbecued chicken riceJan 23, 2020
- "Eat your greens" chicken saladJan 23, 2020
- Sticky pork with sweet and sour saladJan 23, 2020
- Broccoli and paneer saag curryJan 23, 2020
- Roast pumpkin dip with spiced chickpeasJan 23, 2020
- Szechuan-style chilli eggplantJan 23, 2020
- Paper cup popsiclesJan 23, 2020
- Green minestrone with pestoJan 23, 2020