- 20 gram butter
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 1/4 cup (310ml) milk, warmed
- 1 1/2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1.5 kilogram piece cooked corned beef
- 1Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Add the flour; cook, stirring, for about 1 minute. Gradually stir in the milk; cook stirring, until the sauce boils and thickens. Stir in the mustard. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 2Serve the warm corned beef with mustard sauce, boiled potatoes and snow peas, if desired.
This recipe uses cooked corned beef. If using raw corned beef, follow these instructions for how to cook corned beef in a pressure cooker. or how to cook corned beef in a slow cooker.
To reheat cooked corned beef in the oven, place slices of corned beef in a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil, cover with foil, and bake at 180 degrees for 15 minutes, or until heated through. To reheat cooked corned beef in the microwave, drizzle slices of beef with olive oil and cover with plastic wrap. Heat in 30 second bursts, or until warmed.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Bread and butter picklesJan 14, 2019
- Scrambled tofu wrapsJan 14, 2019
- Vegan "shepherdless" pieJan 14, 2019
- Sashimi tuna poke bowlJan 14, 2019
- Apricot choc-chip muesli barsJan 10, 2019
- Prawn, kale, and chickpea tabboulehJan 10, 2019
- Classic carrot cake with cream cheese frostingJan 10, 2019
- Sweet potato brownies with espresso toppingJan 10, 2019
- Kale and quinoa frittataJan 10, 2019
- Sage & zucchini-wrapped haloumi saladJan 09, 2019
- Soft polenta with mushroom raguJan 09, 2019
- Spaghetti squash con quesoJan 09, 2019
- Mango cheesecake tart with palm sugar syrupJan 09, 2019