- 20 gram butter
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 1/4 cup (310ml) milk, warmed
- 1 1/2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1.5 kilogram piece cooked corned beef
- 1Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Add the flour; cook, stirring, for about 1 minute. Gradually stir in the milk; cook stirring, until the sauce boils and thickens. Stir in the mustard. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 2Serve the warm corned beef with mustard sauce, boiled potatoes and snow peas, if desired.
This recipe uses cooked corned beef. If using raw corned beef, follow these instructions for how to cook corned beef in a pressure cooker. or how to cook corned beef in a slow cooker.
To reheat cooked corned beef in the oven, place slices of corned beef in a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil, cover with foil, and bake at 180 degrees for 15 minutes, or until heated through. To reheat cooked corned beef in the microwave, drizzle slices of beef with olive oil and cover with plastic wrap. Heat in 30 second bursts, or until warmed.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 46 creative ways with carrotsAug 11, 2022
- Mushroom soupAug 11, 2022
- Gluten free shortcrust pastryAug 10, 2022
- Gluten-free chocolate and almond biscuitsAug 10, 2022
- Air fryer potato gratinAug 10, 2022
- Gluten free cornflake and honey sconesAug 10, 2022
- Italian meatballsAug 10, 2022
- How to sterilise and seal glass jarsAug 10, 2022
- Cumquat ginger marmaladeAug 10, 2022
- 4-ingredient triple choc browniesAug 09, 2022
- 46 sweet slice recipesAug 09, 2022
- How to cook pastaAug 08, 2022
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaAug 08, 2022