- 20 gram butter
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 1/4 cup (310ml) milk, warmed
- 1 1/2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1.5 kilogram piece cooked corned beef
- 1Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Add the flour; cook, stirring, for about 1 minute. Gradually stir in the milk; cook stirring, until the sauce boils and thickens. Stir in the mustard. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 2Serve the warm corned beef with mustard sauce, boiled potatoes and snow peas, if desired.
This recipe uses cooked corned beef. If using raw corned beef, follow these instructions for how to cook corned beef in a pressure cooker. or how to cook corned beef in a slow cooker.
To reheat cooked corned beef in the oven, place slices of corned beef in a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil, cover with foil, and bake at 180 degrees for 15 minutes, or until heated through. To reheat cooked corned beef in the microwave, drizzle slices of beef with olive oil and cover with plastic wrap. Heat in 30 second bursts, or until warmed.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate peanut butter slab cakeYesterday 5:19am
- Citrus almond twistAug 20, 2019
- Pistachio and apricot baklava cakeAug 20, 2019
- 10 quick and easy dessertsAug 20, 2019
- Teriyaki salmonAug 19, 2019
- Pistachio, pink pepper & rose petal barkAug 19, 2019
- Garlicky mushroom pizzaAug 19, 2019
- Mushroom pie with minted mushy peasAug 18, 2019
- Mixed berry clafoutisAug 16, 2019
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019