- 20 gram butter
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 1/4 cup (310ml) milk, warmed
- 1 1/2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1.5 kilogram piece cooked corned beef
- 1Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Add the flour; cook, stirring, for about 1 minute. Gradually stir in the milk; cook stirring, until the sauce boils and thickens. Stir in the mustard. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 2Serve the warm corned beef with mustard sauce, boiled potatoes and snow peas, if desired.
This recipe uses cooked corned beef. If using raw corned beef, follow these instructions for how to cook corned beef in a pressure cooker. or how to cook corned beef in a slow cooker.
To reheat cooked corned beef in the oven, place slices of corned beef in a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil, cover with foil, and bake at 180 degrees for 15 minutes, or until heated through. To reheat cooked corned beef in the microwave, drizzle slices of beef with olive oil and cover with plastic wrap. Heat in 30 second bursts, or until warmed.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 24 sweet ways with bread and butter puddingJun 02, 2020
- Dark chocolate croissant puddingJun 02, 2020
- Jam roll puddingJun 02, 2020
- Hungarian goulashJun 02, 2020
- Tasty tagine recipesJun 02, 2020
- 31 perfect pot pies for easy dinnersJun 02, 2020
- South-East Asian dinner recipesMay 31, 2020
- Ultimate slow cooker ideas for winterMay 31, 2020
- Pineapple upside-down cakeMay 31, 2020
- 14 sweet & savoury buttermilk recipesMay 31, 2020
- Custard tartMay 31, 2020
- 27 brilliant ways to use barley in your recipesMay 31, 2020
- Impossible pieMay 31, 2020
- Pumpkin sconesMay 31, 2020
- What food is in season in June?May 31, 2020