- 20 gram butter
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 1 1/4 cup (310ml) milk, warmed
- 1 1/2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1.5 kilogram piece cooked corned beef
- 1Melt the butter in a small saucepan. Add the flour; cook, stirring, for about 1 minute. Gradually stir in the milk; cook stirring, until the sauce boils and thickens. Stir in the mustard. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 2Serve the warm corned beef with mustard sauce, boiled potatoes and snow peas, if desired.
This recipe uses cooked corned beef. If using raw corned beef, follow these instructions for how to cook corned beef in a pressure cooker. or how to cook corned beef in a slow cooker.
To reheat cooked corned beef in the oven, place slices of corned beef in a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil, cover with foil, and bake at 180 degrees for 15 minutes, or until heated through. To reheat cooked corned beef in the microwave, drizzle slices of beef with olive oil and cover with plastic wrap. Heat in 30 second bursts, or until warmed.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Delicious pasta salad recipes to look forward toOct 14, 2021
- Quiche LorraineOct 13, 2021
- Mixed berry crumbleOct 13, 2021
- Seafood chowderOct 13, 2021
- Orange cake recipe collectionOct 13, 2021
- Kumara pancakes with maple yoghurtOct 13, 2021
- 34 fabulous friand recipesOct 13, 2021
- 25 ravioli recipesOct 13, 2021
- Creamy chicken kormaOct 13, 2021
- Kumara and coconut tarts with pecan toffeeOct 13, 2021
- 32 brilliant blueberry dessertsOct 12, 2021
- Beetroot, blackberry yoghurt popsiclesOct 12, 2021
- Spicy fruit mince pillowsOct 12, 2021