- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 seeded, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 corn cobs, kernels removed (makes 3 cups kernels)
- 2 teaspoon cornflour
- multigrain bread, cheese, sliced ham, to serve
- 1In a large, heavy-based saucepan, heat oil on medium. Saute capsicum and onion 8-10 minutes, until tender.
- 2Add vinegar, sugar, turmeric, mustard and salt. Stir over a low heat until sugar dissolves. Increase heat to high and boil 10 minutes. Add corn and boil a further 5 minutes.
- 3Remove 1/4 cup hot liquid from pan. Add to cornflour in a small bowl, stirring until smooth. Gradually stir back into pan. Bring to boil, stirring, until mixture thickens. Simmer 3 minutes.
- 4Spoon mixture into hot sterilised jars and seal. Serve on bread with cheese and ham.
Always label and date your preserves at the time of cooking.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Salad of roasted beetroot with goat's cheese and walnutsYesterday 2:00pm
- Iced vovosYesterday 2:00pm
- Salmon pattiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Picnic food ideasYesterday 1:58am
- Sri Lankan potato and pea curryYesterday 1:36am
- Japanese katsu chicken curryYesterday 1:24am
- Southern fried chickenSep 15, 2021
- 27 simple risottosSep 15, 2021
- 46 perfect pea recipesSep 15, 2021
- Karaage chicken with Sriracha mayonnaiseSep 15, 2021
- Marble cakeSep 15, 2021
- Fish fingers with mushy peasSep 15, 2021
- 24 amazing ways to use the humble onionSep 14, 2021
- 32 wonderful ways with cornSep 14, 2021
- Monte Carlo biscuitsSep 14, 2021