Tomato chilli sauce
- 425 gram can crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (80ml) sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoon malt vinegar
- 1 cup (150g) self-raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 2 eggs, beaten lightly
- 2 cup (330g) corn kernels (fresh, canned or frozen)
- 4 green onions (green shallots), chopped finely
- 100 gram baby rocket leaves
- 1 medium (250g) avocado, sliced
- 1 medium (170g) red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup (60ml) balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
Corn fritters with rocket salad
- 1To make tomato chilli sauce, combine all ingredients in a medium pan; bring to the boil. Simmer, uncovered, for about 10 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- 2Meanwhile, sift flour and soda into a medium bowl. Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture; gradually whisk in combined milk and egg until batter is smooth. Stir in corn and onion.
- 3Pour quarter-cups of the batter onto a heated, oiled non-stick frying pan. Using a spatula, spread batter into rounds. Cook, uncovered, until fritters are browned lightly on both sides and cooked through. Remove from pan; cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter.
- 4Meanwhile, to make rocket salad, place rocket, avocado, onion and combined vinegar, oil and salt and pepper to taste in a large bowl; toss gently to combine.
- 5Serve corn fritters with rocket salad and tomato chilli sauce.
Not suitable to freeze or microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafToday 1:50am
- 20 hearty, healthy soups to enjoyYesterday 2:00pm
- Stuffed capsicumYesterday 2:00pm
- Spiced beef nachosYesterday 2:00pm
- Delicious dessert recipes with ricottaYesterday 2:00pm
- Curried sausagesYesterday 2:00pm
- 25 sweet strawberry dessert recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Spiced fish tacos with slaw and avocado creamYesterday 5:00am
- Rosé sangriaSep 23, 2020
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeSep 23, 2020
- Gluten-free treats and baked goodsSep 23, 2020
- Beef rissoles and mashSep 23, 2020
- 22 salad recipes that are surprisingly excitingSep 23, 2020
- Vanilla cupcakesSep 23, 2020
- Easy choc-chip biscuit recipesSep 23, 2020
- Barbecued salmon with salsa criollaSep 23, 2020