- 125 grams rindless thick bacon slices, chopped coursely
- 125 gram canned corn kernels, rinsed, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 400 grams ripe tomatoes, chopped finely
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 egg
- 1/3 cup (80ml) milk
- 1 cup (150g) spelt flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 medium avocado (250g)
- 1/2 cup whole-egg mayonnaise (150g)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed, extra
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large fennel bulb (550g), sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives, extra
- 1Heat a large, non-stick frying pan over high heat; cook bacon until golden and crisp. Transfer to a large bowl.
- 2Add corn, garlic, tomato, paprika, chives, egg and milk; stir to combine. Add combined sifted flour and baking powder; season and stir to combine. Stand mixture for
- 3Meanwhile, blend or process avocado flesh, mayonnaise, juice and extra garlic until smooth. Season to taste.
- 4Heat oil in same frying pan over medium heat. Spoon
2 tablespoonfuls of batter into pan; cook for 2 minutes or until bubbles appear. Turn fritters; cook until other side is lightly browned. Repeat with remaining mixture to
make 8 fritters in total.
- 5Combine fennel and extra chives in a small bowl. Season.
- 6Serve fritters with fennel salad, avocado mixture and lemon halves, if you like.
If you'd rather cook fresh corn, the easiest way is to coat the cob lightly with cooking-oil spray, then cook it over the barbecue or on a griddle pan, turning the cob until it's lightly charred all over. Then, place the cob on a board and slice off the kernels.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Kale recipes you'll go crazy forToday 6:49am
- Cauliflower 'fried rice' with mushrooms and hamToday 3:49am
- Cauliflower recipesYesterday 11:29pm
- Easy Danish pastriesYesterday 2:00pm
- Our best brussels sprouts recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Lamb and spinach samosasYesterday 2:00pm
- White sauceYesterday 2:00pm
- Garibaldi sliceYesterday 2:00pm
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafSep 25, 2020
- Delicious dessert recipes with ricottaSep 24, 2020
- Spiced beef nachosSep 24, 2020
- Curried sausagesSep 24, 2020
- 25 sweet strawberry dessert recipesSep 24, 2020
- Stuffed capsicumSep 24, 2020
- 20 hearty, healthy soups to enjoySep 24, 2020