Brought to you by Ferrero Rocher
Cookies and cream igloo
- 1 litre good-quality chocolate ice-cream
- 1 litre good-quality vanilla ice-cream
- cooking oil spray
- 137 gram oreo cookies packet, chopped
- 1 raffaello chocolate
- 1 toothpick
- 1 large peaked white marshmallow
- writing icing
- 1 strawberry sour strap
- 1 spearmint leaf sweet
- 125 millilitre thickened cream, whipped to soft peaks
- 100 gram coconut flakes, toasted lightly
- 22 (275g) ferrero rocher
Cookies and cream igloo
- 1Place ice-creams in refrigerator for 30 minutes to soften slightly. Place a serving plate into the freezer to chill.
- 2Lightly spray a dolly varden cake pan or pudding basin (2.5-litres/10-cup capacity) with oil. Make a cross on the bench with two long pieces of plastic wrap. Line pan with plastic wrap.
- 3Combine chopped cookies with vanilla ice-cream, mix well. Place alternating scoops of ice-cream into lined pan, pressing in. Level the top. Cover with plastic wrap. Freeze for 8 hours or overnight until firm.
- 4Meanwhile, unwrap Raffaello; press a toothpick into Rafaello, snip the top off the marshmallow, press toothpick into marshmallow to join. Pipe on a face and hat (beret) with writing icing. Cut a 5mm strip from sour strap to make a scarf, stretch slightly and wrap around top of marshmallow. Using scissors, make a small point for the hat with the spearmint leaf (may need to re-coat with sugar).
- 5Close to serving, turn out pudding onto a plate or tray; remove wrap. Spread whipped cream over cake; lightly press on coconut flakes. Press unwrapped Ferrero Rocher into pudding in a row around the base. Place snowman on top of pudding. Serve immediately.
Suitable to freeze. Unwrap chocolates and prepare snowman a day ahead to save time. Store in an airtight container. Pudding can be made a week ahead; keep frozen.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic sconesYesterday 12:35am
- Rocky roadOct 22, 2020
- Our best homemade sausage rollsOct 22, 2020
- Beautiful buttermilk pancakesOct 22, 2020
- Chinese omelettesOct 22, 2020
- Sausage rollsOct 22, 2020
- Traditional shortbreadOct 22, 2020
- Strawberry & almond friand sliceOct 22, 2020
- Sticky glazed slow-roast pork neckOct 22, 2020
- Roast vegetable terrineOct 22, 2020
- Morning and afternoon tea recipesOct 22, 2020
- Fruit mince piesOct 22, 2020
- Roast pumpkin and couscous saladOct 22, 2020
- Lemon and sugar pancakesOct 22, 2020
- Roast pumpkin, spinach and feta saladOct 22, 2020
- Curried pasta saladOct 22, 2020