- 1/3 cup (75g) low-gi cane sugar
- 3 cup (750ml) water
- 1/4 cup (60ml) strong espresso coffee
- 1/4 cup (60ml) thickened (heavy) light cream
- 1Combine sugar and the water in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring, until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat, stir in coffee, cool to room temperature.
- 2Pour coffee mixture into a shallow metal tray; cover, freeze for 6 hours, scraping with a fork every hour.
- 3Scrape granita with a fork; spoon into glasses, drizzle each with 2 teaspoons of cream; serve granita immediately.
To make the strong espresso coffee, dissolve 3 teaspoons instant espresso coffee into cup boiling water. This granita is a delicious alternative to regular coffee for brunch when entertaining friends in the warmer months. Use granita within 1 month of making.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Roast chicken with preserved lemonJun 23, 2022
- Our unbeatable lemon curd recipeJun 23, 2022
- Sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauceJun 23, 2022
- Chilli beef with cornbread dumplingsJun 23, 2022
- Lamb shank shepherd's pieJun 23, 2022
- Lemon butter almond sliceJun 23, 2022
- Savoury minceJun 23, 2022
- Traditional minestroneJun 23, 2022
- Banana and cinnamon muffinsJun 23, 2022
- Crunchy low-gi barsJun 23, 2022
- 25 beautiful banana cakesJun 23, 2022
- Express pizza doughJun 23, 2022
- Ricotta gnocchi in fresh tomato sauceJun 23, 2022
- Beef and cheese pieJun 23, 2022
- Chocolate and raspberry tartsJun 23, 2022