- 6 egg whites
- 185 gram butter, melted
- 1 cup (125 grams) almond meal
- 1 1/2 cup (240 grams) icing sugar mixture
- 1/2 cup (75 grams) plain flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoon fresh ground coffee
- icing sugar or cinnamon sugar, for dusting
- 1Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Grease 12 oval friand pans (½-cup/125ml capacity). Place on an oven tray.
- 2In a medium bowl, whisk egg white lightly until combined. Add the butter, almond meal, sifted icing sugar, sifted flour, then the coffee. Stir until combined. Divide mixture among prepared pans.
- 3Bake in a moderately hot oven about 20 minutes. Turn onto wire racks to cool, right way up.
- 4Serve dusted with a little extra sifted icing sugar or cinnamon sugar, if desired.
- 5Suitable to freeze. Butter suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 24 sour cream cakesYesterday 2:00pm
- Japanese chicken schnitzel toastiesYesterday 2:00pm
- Reuben jaffleYesterday 2:00pm
- Mushroom and goat’s cheese omeletteYesterday 2:00pm
- Enchilada bakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Our 20 best tea cakes for your favourite cuppaYesterday 2:00pm
- Mulled wine pork with red cabbageYesterday 2:00pm
- 10 easy toastie recipes the whole family will enjoyYesterday 3:00am
- Easy combination fried riceJun 21, 2021
- Chocolate chip cookiesJun 21, 2021
- Miso noodle hotpotJun 20, 2021
- Potato and leek soupJun 20, 2021
- Spaghetti carbonara with peasJun 20, 2021
- Pulled salmon tortillas with red cabbage slawJun 20, 2021