- 6 egg whites
- 185 gram butter, melted
- 1 cup (125 grams) almond meal
- 1 1/2 cup (240 grams) icing sugar mixture
- 1/2 cup (75 grams) plain flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoon fresh ground coffee
- icing sugar or cinnamon sugar, for dusting
- 1Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Grease 12 oval friand pans (½-cup/125ml capacity). Place on an oven tray.
- 2In a medium bowl, whisk egg white lightly until combined. Add the butter, almond meal, sifted icing sugar, sifted flour, then the coffee. Stir until combined. Divide mixture among prepared pans.
- 3Bake in a moderately hot oven about 20 minutes. Turn onto wire racks to cool, right way up.
- 4Serve dusted with a little extra sifted icing sugar or cinnamon sugar, if desired.
- 5Suitable to freeze. Butter suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Roast chicken with preserved lemonJun 23, 2022
- Our unbeatable lemon curd recipeJun 23, 2022
- Sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauceJun 23, 2022
- Chilli beef with cornbread dumplingsJun 23, 2022
- Lamb shank shepherd's pieJun 23, 2022
- Lemon butter almond sliceJun 23, 2022
- Savoury minceJun 23, 2022
- Traditional minestroneJun 23, 2022
- Banana and cinnamon muffinsJun 23, 2022
- Crunchy low-gi barsJun 23, 2022
- 25 beautiful banana cakesJun 23, 2022
- Express pizza doughJun 23, 2022
- Ricotta gnocchi in fresh tomato sauceJun 23, 2022
- Beef and cheese pieJun 23, 2022
- Chocolate and raspberry tartsJun 23, 2022