- 6 egg whites
- 185 gram butter, melted
- 1 cup (125 grams) almond meal
- 1 1/2 cup (240 grams) icing sugar mixture
- 1/2 cup (75 grams) plain flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoon fresh ground coffee
- icing sugar or cinnamon sugar, for dusting
- 1Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Grease 12 oval friand pans (½-cup/125ml capacity). Place on an oven tray.
- 2In a medium bowl, whisk egg white lightly until combined. Add the butter, almond meal, sifted icing sugar, sifted flour, then the coffee. Stir until combined. Divide mixture among prepared pans.
- 3Bake in a moderately hot oven about 20 minutes. Turn onto wire racks to cool, right way up.
- 4Serve dusted with a little extra sifted icing sugar or cinnamon sugar, if desired.
- 5Suitable to freeze. Butter suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Creamed corn and bacon cob loafToday 1:50am
- 20 hearty, healthy soups to enjoyYesterday 2:00pm
- Stuffed capsicumYesterday 2:00pm
- Spiced beef nachosYesterday 2:00pm
- Delicious dessert recipes with ricottaYesterday 2:00pm
- Curried sausagesYesterday 2:00pm
- 25 sweet strawberry dessert recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Spiced fish tacos with slaw and avocado creamYesterday 5:00am
- Rosé sangriaSep 23, 2020
- The best Anzac biscuit recipe of all timeSep 23, 2020
- Gluten-free treats and baked goodsSep 23, 2020
- Beef rissoles and mashSep 23, 2020
- 22 salad recipes that are surprisingly excitingSep 23, 2020
- Vanilla cupcakesSep 23, 2020
- Easy choc-chip biscuit recipesSep 23, 2020
- Barbecued salmon with salsa criollaSep 23, 2020