- 3 cups (450g) self-raising flour
- ¼ cup (40g) icing (confectioners') sugar
- ¾ cup (180ml) canned coconut milk
- 1 cup (250ml) soda water
- 1 tablespoon canned coconut milk, extra
- 125 grams raspberries
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons coconut sugar
- 1 cup (280g) vegan coconut yoghurt
- 1Preheat oven to 220°C/425°F. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- 2Sift flour and icing sugar into a large bowl. Make a well in the centre; add coconut milk and soda water. Use a butter knife to cut the liquid through the flour mixture, mixing to a soft, sticky dough. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until just smooth. Press dough out to 3cm (1¼in) thick.
- 3Dip a 5.5cm (2¼in) round cutter in flour; cut 12 rounds from dough. Place scones, side by side, on tray, just touching. Brush tops of scones with extra coconut milk. Bake for 15 minutes or until browned and centre of scones sound hollow when tapped. Leave scones on tray for 3 minutes; transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- 4Place berries, juice and coconut sugar in a medium bowl. Using a fork, crush raspberries; refrigerate for 30 minutes. Drain excess liquid from raspberries over a jug or bowl.
- 5Halve cooled scones; serve topped with yoghurt and berry mixture.
Scones are best made on the day of serving. Scones can be frozen for up to 2 months in an airtight container. To thaw scones, wrap in foil and heat in a 180°C/350°F oven for 10 minutes or until heated through.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Sushi riceYesterday 2:00pm
- All the classic curry recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Chicken, bacon and mushroom stewYesterday 2:00pm
- Basic butter cakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Perfect pork curry recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Curried pork rissolesYesterday 2:00pm
- Pancake recipesApr 12, 2021
- Carrot and lentil soup with coriander pestoApr 11, 2021
- Healthy banana breadApr 11, 2021
- Pumpkin soupApr 11, 2021
- Vegetarian chilli beansApr 11, 2021
- Rösti cottage pieApr 11, 2021
- Very vegetarian Mexican recipesApr 11, 2021
- Roast beefApr 11, 2021
- Spicy Mexican soup with chickenApr 11, 2021