- 35 centimetre (14-inch) round cake of choice
- 30 centimetre (12-inch) round cake of choice
- 25 centimetre (10-inch) round cake of choice
- 20 centimetre (8-inch) round cake of choice
- 15 centimetre (6-inch) round cake of choice
- 5 quantities white chocolate ganache
- white food colouring
- 1 kilogram flaked coconut
- 1Trim cakes. Secure largest cake to largest board with a little ganache. Secure remaining cakes to same-sized boards.
- 2Push 3 trimmed skewers into centres of all cakes, except the smallest cake, to support the next tier.
- 3Assemble cake, securing each tier to the tier below.
- 4Place half the ganache in a large bowl whisk in at least 1 tablespoon of white colouring until the ganache is as white as possible.
- 5Beat half the ganache with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Repeat with remaining ganache. Scrape down side of bowl during beating.
- 6Once the cake is covered with the ganache, firmly press handfuls of coconut all over the cake. Choose long flakes for the top tier.
40cm (16-inch) round wooden cake board 30cm (12-inch) round wooden cake board 25cm (10-inch) round wooden cake board 20cm (8-inch) round wooden cake board 15cm (6-inch) round wooden cake board 12 wooden cake skewers Medium offset metal spatula We used flaked coconut labelled `coconut chipped' found in health food stores. Instead of making the ganache you could buy 5 x 453g (16-ounce) tubs of vanilla frosting to cover this cake. The cake can be assembled completely a week before it's required. It will be fine kept in a cool or air-conditioned room. Use any cake recipe you like, our favourite is the coconut cake. This five tier cake is very heavy to move and lift, so get someone to help you.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 28 mango recipes for dessertOct 21, 2021
- 13 Spooky Halloween recipesOct 21, 2021
- Seeded pumpkin breadOct 21, 2021
- Apple crumbleOct 21, 2021
- Santorini tomato frittersOct 21, 2021
- Zucchini primavera with poached eggsOct 21, 2021
- Gluten-free banana breadOct 21, 2021
- Fresh tomato pizzettasOct 21, 2021
- Basic hummusOct 20, 2021
- Custard tartOct 20, 2021
- Our best hummus recipesOct 20, 2021
- Roti canai flatbreadOct 20, 2021
- Peaches and cream pieOct 20, 2021
- Our classic pavlova recipeOct 20, 2021