- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chilli powder
- 800 gram diced pork
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large (200g) brown onion, chopped
- 2 clove garlic, chopped
- 4 centimetre piece (20g) fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon water
- 400 millilitre can coconut cream or coconut milk
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves, to serve
- 1Combine spices, add pork and toss to coat.
- 2Heat half the oil in a large frying pan. Cook the pork in 2 batches, using the remaining oil, until browned all over. Remove from pan.
- 3Add onion to same pan with garlic, ginger and water. Cook, stirring, over medium heat until softened.
- 4Return pork to pan with coconut cream, sugar and salt. Simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, 1 hour - 1 hour 30 minutes, or until pork is tender and sauce is thickened.
- 5Stir in juice. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with coriander.
- 6Serve pork curry with steamed rice, pappadums and a tomato and onion salad, if desired.
Depending on the cut of pork the butcher used, the cooking time will vary. If the pork is diced fillet, the cooking time will be about 15 minutes. If it is a secondary cut, such as pork neck (pork scotch), the cooking time will be up to 1 hour 30 minutes for a tender result.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Our best Italian recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 marvellous muffin recipesYesterday 1:00pm
- Lemon chicken casseroleYesterday 1:00pm
- 29 American-style diner recipes for weekend entertainingYesterday 6:23am
- Cinnamon doughnutsYesterday 4:17am
- Chicken cacciatoreYesterday 3:00am
- Chilli jamYesterday 2:14am
- Garlic breadYesterday 1:00am
- 10 classic recipes to master once and for allYesterday 12:51am
- Chocolate cupcake thickshakeYesterday 12:39am
- Our unbeatable lemon curd recipeJan 18, 2022
- Quinoa zucchini haloumi burgersJan 18, 2022
- BaklavaJan 18, 2022
- Chocolate hazelnut sliceJan 18, 2022
- Chocolate fudge browniesJan 18, 2022