- 5 1/4 cup (840g) icing sugar
- 2 1/2 cup (200g) desiccated coconut
- 395 gram canned sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- pink or peach food colouring
- 1Grease a 19cm (8-inch) square cake pan; line base and sides with baking paper, extending the paper 5cm (2 inches) over
- 2Sift icing sugar into a large bowl; stir in coconut, then condensed milk and egg white until almost combined. Use your hands to finish combining the ingredients well.
- 3Divide mixture into two bowls; tint one mixture with pink or peach colouring. Press coloured mixture into pan; level the surface. Top with remaining mixture; level the surface.
- 4Cover pan; refrigerate about 3 hours or until set before cutting into squares.
How to make coffee coconut ice
- 5Dissolve 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules in 1 teaspoon boiling water. In step 3, add coffee mixture to one bowl of mixture instead of food colouring, with an extra 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Apple and cinnamon crunch cake with cinnamon anglaiseYesterday 2:00pm
- Carrot falafelYesterday 2:00pm
- Turkish delightYesterday 2:00pm
- Spiced tofu bao with pineapple cucumber saladYesterday 2:00pm
- Zucchini koftas with harissa yoghurtYesterday 2:00pm
- 20 easy apple crumble recipes for dessertYesterday 2:00pm
- Crispy middle-eastern seed and spice potatoesYesterday 2:00pm
- 34 marvellous meatball recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Pork sausage and asparagus frittataYesterday 2:00pm
- Ratatouille stewMay 14, 2021
- Aussie damperMay 14, 2021
- 22 Indian recipesMay 13, 2021
- Brown rice and mushroom bowl with dukkah eggsMay 13, 2021
- Porridge recipes to warm up your morningsMay 13, 2021