- 5 1/4 cup (840g) icing sugar
- 2 1/2 cup (200g) desiccated coconut
- 395 gram canned sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- pink or peach food colouring
- 1Grease a 19cm (8-inch) square cake pan; line base and sides with baking paper, extending the paper 5cm (2 inches) over
- 2Sift icing sugar into a large bowl; stir in coconut, then condensed milk and egg white until almost combined. Use your hands to finish combining the ingredients well.
- 3Divide mixture into two bowls; tint one mixture with pink or peach colouring. Press coloured mixture into pan; level the surface. Top with remaining mixture; level the surface.
- 4Cover pan; refrigerate about 3 hours or until set before cutting into squares.
How to make coffee coconut ice
- 5Dissolve 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules in 1 teaspoon boiling water. In step 3, add coffee mixture to one bowl of mixture instead of food colouring, with an extra 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Bread and butter picklesJan 14, 2019
- Scrambled tofu wrapsJan 14, 2019
- Vegan "shepherdless" pieJan 14, 2019
- Sashimi tuna poke bowlJan 14, 2019
- Apricot choc-chip muesli barsJan 10, 2019
- Prawn, kale, and chickpea tabboulehJan 10, 2019
- Classic carrot cake with cream cheese frostingJan 10, 2019
- Sweet potato brownies with espresso toppingJan 10, 2019
- Kale and quinoa frittataJan 10, 2019
- Sage & zucchini-wrapped haloumi saladJan 09, 2019
- Soft polenta with mushroom raguJan 09, 2019
- Spaghetti squash con quesoJan 09, 2019
- Mango cheesecake tart with palm sugar syrupJan 09, 2019