- 5 1/4 cup (840g) icing sugar
- 2 1/2 cup (200g) desiccated coconut
- 395 gram canned sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- pink or peach food colouring
- 1Grease a 19cm (8-inch) square cake pan; line base and sides with baking paper, extending the paper 5cm (2 inches) over
- 2Sift icing sugar into a large bowl; stir in coconut, then condensed milk and egg white until almost combined. Use your hands to finish combining the ingredients well.
- 3Divide mixture into two bowls; tint one mixture with pink or peach colouring. Press coloured mixture into pan; level the surface. Top with remaining mixture; level the surface.
- 4Cover pan; refrigerate about 3 hours or until set before cutting into squares.
How to make coffee coconut ice
- 5Dissolve 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules in 1 teaspoon boiling water. In step 3, add coffee mixture to one bowl of mixture instead of food colouring, with an extra 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chilli barbecued haloumi recipe with zucchini saladYesterday 4:00pm
- Sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauceMar 21, 2019
- Pommes AnnaMar 20, 2019
- Chocolate Easter frecklesMar 20, 2019
- Noughts and crosses chocolate chip easter bunsMar 20, 2019
- 7 creative ways to take damper to the next levelMar 19, 2019
- Easy hot cross bunsMar 18, 2019
- Cream-free spaghetti carbonaraMar 14, 2019
- Goan fish curry with low-carb cauliflower riceMar 13, 2019
- Low-carb turkey and kale lasagneMar 13, 2019
- Mega mushroom burgersMar 13, 2019
- Spinach and ricotta-stuffed chicken parmigianaMar 11, 2019
- Fennel, lemon, pea & prawn risottoMar 11, 2019
- Sweet potato pizza with fig and pancettaMar 11, 2019