- 5 1/4 cup (840g) icing sugar
- 2 1/2 cup (200g) desiccated coconut
- 395 gram canned sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- pink or peach food colouring
- 1Grease a 19cm (8-inch) square cake pan; line base and sides with baking paper, extending the paper 5cm (2 inches) over
- 2Sift icing sugar into a large bowl; stir in coconut, then condensed milk and egg white until almost combined. Use your hands to finish combining the ingredients well.
- 3Divide mixture into two bowls; tint one mixture with pink or peach colouring. Press coloured mixture into pan; level the surface. Top with remaining mixture; level the surface.
- 4Cover pan; refrigerate about 3 hours or until set before cutting into squares.
How to make coffee coconut ice
- 5Dissolve 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules in 1 teaspoon boiling water. In step 3, add coffee mixture to one bowl of mixture instead of food colouring, with an extra 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Roast chicken with preserved lemonJun 23, 2022
- Our unbeatable lemon curd recipeJun 23, 2022
- Sticky date pudding with butterscotch sauceJun 23, 2022
- Chilli beef with cornbread dumplingsJun 23, 2022
- Lamb shank shepherd's pieJun 23, 2022
- Lemon butter almond sliceJun 23, 2022
- Savoury minceJun 23, 2022
- Traditional minestroneJun 23, 2022
- Banana and cinnamon muffinsJun 23, 2022
- Crunchy low-gi barsJun 23, 2022
- 25 beautiful banana cakesJun 23, 2022
- Express pizza doughJun 23, 2022
- Ricotta gnocchi in fresh tomato sauceJun 23, 2022
- Beef and cheese pieJun 23, 2022
- Chocolate and raspberry tartsJun 23, 2022