- 125 gram (4 ounces) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup (165g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup or treacle
- 2 eggs
- 2 cup (300g) self-raising flour
- 1 cup (80g) desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup (45g) quick-cooking oats
- 185 gram (6 ounces) milk chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 30 gram (1 ounce) butter
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Grease oven trays; line with baking paper.
- 2Beat butter, sugar and syrup in a small bowl with an electric mixer until combined. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Transfer to a medium bowl; stir in sifted flour, and coconut and oats.
- 3Roll rounded teaspoons of mixture into balls; place 5cm (2-inches) apart on trays, flatten with the palm of your hand until 4cm (1½-inches) round. Using a flour-dusted fork, mark cookies. Bake 12 minutes or when a biscuit is gently pushed it moves without breaking. Cool on trays.
- 4Meanwhile, make milk chocolate ganache. Stir chocolate and butter in a small heatproof bowl over a small saucepan of simmering water until smooth (don't let water touch base of bowl); cool ganache until spreadable.
- 5Sandwich two biscuits with 2 teaspoons of ganache; refrigerate until firm, if required.
Plain biscuits will keep in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Sandwiched biscuits will keep, refrigerated, in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Be sure to use quick-cooking oats, which are rolled thinner than traditional rolled oats, or the texture of your biscuits will not be crunchy.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Winter vegie bowlToday 2:53am
- Spicy zucchini and ricotta pasta shellsToday 1:35am
- Cauliflower recipesYesterday 11:29pm
- Silverside frittersYesterday 2:00pm
- 10 meals that are quick, easy and healthyYesterday 2:00pm
- Perfect pumpkin recipesYesterday 2:00pm
- Pumpkin pieYesterday 2:00pm
- Double chocolate brownie cookiesJul 03, 2020
- Osso buco with gremolataJul 02, 2020
- Quince galetteJul 02, 2020
- Easy rissole recipesJul 02, 2020
- Silverbeet and ricotta dumplingsJul 02, 2020
- Pear & ginger upside-down cakeJul 02, 2020
- Coffee & cardamon brisketJul 02, 2020
- Rocky roadJul 02, 2020
- Churros with hot chocolateJul 02, 2020