- 125 gram (4 ounces) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup (165g) firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup or treacle
- 2 eggs
- 2 cup (300g) self-raising flour
- 1 cup (80g) desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup (45g) quick-cooking oats
- 185 gram (6 ounces) milk chocolate, chopped coarsely
- 30 gram (1 ounce) butter
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F. Grease oven trays; line with baking paper.
- 2Beat butter, sugar and syrup in a small bowl with an electric mixer until combined. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Transfer to a medium bowl; stir in sifted flour, and coconut and oats.
- 3Roll rounded teaspoons of mixture into balls; place 5cm (2-inches) apart on trays, flatten with the palm of your hand until 4cm (1½-inches) round. Using a flour-dusted fork, mark cookies. Bake 12 minutes or when a biscuit is gently pushed it moves without breaking. Cool on trays.
- 4Meanwhile, make milk chocolate ganache. Stir chocolate and butter in a small heatproof bowl over a small saucepan of simmering water until smooth (don't let water touch base of bowl); cool ganache until spreadable.
- 5Sandwich two biscuits with 2 teaspoons of ganache; refrigerate until firm, if required.
Plain biscuits will keep in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Sandwiched biscuits will keep, refrigerated, in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Be sure to use quick-cooking oats, which are rolled thinner than traditional rolled oats, or the texture of your biscuits will not be crunchy.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Summer stone fruit pandoro puddingYesterday 9:22am
- Rosé and raspberry trifleYesterday 2:35am
- Salmon pastrami with yoghurt tartare and pickled cucumbersYesterday 1:07am
- Gingerbread gift boxesDec 12, 2019
- Salt and vinegar roast potatoesDec 12, 2019
- DukkahDec 11, 2019
- Mocha mi suDec 11, 2019
- Santa saladDec 11, 2019
- Sausage rollsDec 11, 2019
- Crackling hamDec 11, 2019
- Rich chocolate fudge recipeDec 10, 2019
- Classic roast chicken with gravyDec 10, 2019
- Gingerbread christmas treesDec 10, 2019
- Honey soy nutsDec 09, 2019
- ColeslawDec 09, 2019