- 300 grams Anzac biscuits
- 500 grams mascarpone
- 380 grams caramel top 'n' fill
- 2 large bananas (460g), just ripe
- ¼ cup (20g) roasted coconut chips
- 150 grams butter
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt flakes
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1Grease a 24cm loose-based round tart tin.
- 2Process biscuits to fine crumbs. Melt 125g of the butter in a small saucepan or in a heatproof bowl in the microwave. Stir in biscuit crumbs. Press over base and side of tart tin. Place on an oven tray. Refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight until firm.
- 3Place 250g mascarpone, the caramel top 'n' fill and sea salt in a large bowl. Whisk until smooth and soft peaks form. Spread over biscuit base. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 4Melt remaining butter in a large non-stick frying pan over high heat. Thickly slice bananas lengthways; sprinkle with sugar. Cook banana for 30 seconds on each side or until caramelised (see tip).
- 5Top tart with caramelised banana and coconut chips. Serve with remaining mascarpone.
If you have one, you can use a kitchen blowtorch to caramelise the bananas in step 4.The biscuit base can be made a day ahead; refrigerate until required. The tart can be made to the end of step 3 a day ahead; cover and refrigerate. Cook bananas just before serving.You can use 3 or 4 finger bananas instead of regular bananas.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Santa Claus Christmas ice-cream cakeToday 4:33am
- Nutty choc-chip boiled fruit cakesToday 12:51am
- Rum and raisin shortbreadToday 12:48am
- Rice-cooker bibimbapToday 12:29am
- Our best banana breadYesterday 11:00pm
- Coffee wreath (with chocolate sauce)Yesterday 1:00pm
- 25 rice salad recipes for healthy lunchesYesterday 1:00pm
- Aussie meat piesYesterday 1:00pm
- Melt-in-the-mouth eggnog shortbreadsYesterday 1:00pm
- Everything you need to know about the Air FryerYesterday 1:00pm
- Teriyaki poke bowlsYesterday 1:00pm
- 10 Christmas recipes that will surprise your guestsYesterday 1:00pm
- Rudolph the reindeer cookiesYesterday 1:00pm
- 14 sensational Christmas shortbread variationsYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make Aussie meat pies in the pie makerYesterday 1:00pm