- 250 g butter, softened
- 2 cups (440g) caster sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¾ cup (60g) dessicated coconut
- 3 cups (450g) White Wings Self-Raising Flour
- 1 cup (250ml) coconut cream
- 4 medium over-ripe bananas, mashed (about 1½ cups)
- 1 medium banana, extra
- ¼ cup (10g) flaked coconut, toasted
- 2 tbsp fresh passionfruit pulp
- 250 g butter, softened
- 250 g cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (320g) icing sugar, sifted
- ⅓ cup (80ml) fresh passionfruit pulp
- 1Preheat oven to 170°C/150°C fan. Grease 2 x 20cm round cake pans, line base and side with baking paper.
- 2Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually add egg, beating after each addition. On low speed add coconut then flour and coconut cream in two batches. Add mashed banana, beat until combined.
- 3Divide the mixture evenly between pans, smooth the surface. Bake cakes for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool cakes in pan for 15 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
- 4Make passionfruit frosting using the method below.
- 5Trim the cakes if not level. Split cakes into 2 equal layers. Place the top cake layer upside down onto a cake stand or serving platter. Spread with ⅔ cup of the passionfruit frosting. Repeat with the remaining cake layers and frosting. Generously cover the top of the cake with the remaining frosting, smoothing around the side to create a smudged effect. Refrigerate the cake for at least 2 hours or until firm.
- 6Just before serving, decorate the top of the cake with sliced banana, flaked coconut and passionfruit pulp.
- 7Beat butter and cream cheese in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in icing sugar; then, on low speed, fold in passionfruit pulp.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Classic rum ballsYesterday 4:29am
- Garlic breadYesterday 1:00am
- Chocolate and cherry bombe alaskaNov 23, 2020
- Garlic beef stir-fryNov 23, 2020
- Easy recipes with leeksNov 23, 2020
- Mouthwatering glazed Christmas ham recipesNov 23, 2020
- Fettuccine carbonaraNov 23, 2020
- White ChristmasNov 22, 2020
- Perfect roast potatoesNov 22, 2020
- Baked chocolate and caramel cheesecakeNov 22, 2020
- Christmas fruit and spice friandsNov 22, 2020
- Classic boiled Christmas puddingNov 22, 2020
- Pork and fennel sausage rollsNov 22, 2020
- Best edible Christmas giftsNov 22, 2020
- Perfect pad thaiNov 20, 2020