- 250 g butter, softened
- 2 cups (440g) caster sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¾ cup (60g) dessicated coconut
- 3 cups (450g) White Wings Self-Raising Flour
- 1 cup (250ml) coconut cream
- 4 medium over-ripe bananas, mashed (about 1½ cups)
- 1 medium banana, extra
- ¼ cup (10g) flaked coconut, toasted
- 2 tbsp fresh passionfruit pulp
- 250 g butter, softened
- 250 g cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (320g) icing sugar, sifted
- ⅓ cup (80ml) fresh passionfruit pulp
- 1Preheat oven to 170°C/150°C fan. Grease 2 x 20cm round cake pans, line base and side with baking paper.
- 2Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually add egg, beating after each addition. On low speed add coconut then flour and coconut cream in two batches. Add mashed banana, beat until combined.
- 3Divide the mixture evenly between pans, smooth the surface. Bake cakes for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cool cakes in pan for 15 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
- 4Make passionfruit frosting using the method below.
- 5Trim the cakes if not level. Split cakes into 2 equal layers. Place the top cake layer upside down onto a cake stand or serving platter. Spread with ⅔ cup of the passionfruit frosting. Repeat with the remaining cake layers and frosting. Generously cover the top of the cake with the remaining frosting, smoothing around the side to create a smudged effect. Refrigerate the cake for at least 2 hours or until firm.
- 6Just before serving, decorate the top of the cake with sliced banana, flaked coconut and passionfruit pulp.
- 7Beat butter and cream cheese in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in icing sugar; then, on low speed, fold in passionfruit pulp.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Salt and vinegar roast potatoesToday 1:33am
- DukkahYesterday 11:00pm
- Mocha mi suYesterday 1:00pm
- Sausage rollsYesterday 1:00pm
- Crackling hamYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make buttercream icing for cakes and cupcakesYesterday 1:11am
- Rich chocolate fudge recipeDec 10, 2019
- Classic roast chicken with gravyDec 10, 2019
- ColeslawDec 09, 2019
- Honey soy nutsDec 09, 2019
- Millionaire's shortbreadDec 09, 2019
- Christmas celebration salad with maple dressingDec 09, 2019
- Spinach dip cob loafDec 08, 2019
- Spiced sweet potato tartDec 08, 2019
- Sweet potato, mint and goat’s cheese tartletsDec 08, 2019
- Christmas dinners that aren't Christmas hamDec 08, 2019