- 6 egg whites
- 185 gram butter, melted
- 1 cup (120g) almond meal
- 1 1/2 cup (240g) icing sugar
- 1/3 cup (50g) plain flour
- 3/4 cup (170g) glacé pineapple, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (40g) shredded coconut
- 1Preheat oven to 200°C (180°C fan-forced). Line 12-hole (½-cup/125ml) oval friand pan with paper cases.
- 2Place egg whites in medium bowl, whisk lightly with fork until combined. Add butter, almond meal, sifted icing sugar and flour, pineapple and 1⁄3 cup of the coconut, stir until combined. Divide mixture among pan holes, sprinkle with remaining coconut. Bake about 20 minutes.
- 3Stand friands 5 minutes before turning, top-side up, onto wire rack to cool.
- 4Peach and coconut friands Omit the glace pineapple and replace with 150g finely chopped glace peach.
Store friands in an airtight container for up to three days. We used freeform paper cases made by pushing a 12cm square of paper (we used paper about the same thickness as printer paper) into ungreased pan holes, followed by a 12cm square of baking paper. variation peach and coconut friands Omit the glacé pineapple and replace with 150g finely chopped glacé peach.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Cheese and silverbeet borekYesterday 2:00pm
- 42 perfect puddingsYesterday 2:00pm
- 39 amazing avocado recipes that are more than just guac or smashYesterday 12:59am
- 35 very vegetarian pumpkin recipesJun 28, 2022
- 44 perfect pumpkin recipesJun 28, 2022
- 41 creative ideas with cabbageJun 28, 2022
- 26 easy chicken pasta recipesJun 28, 2022
- Chicken and fennel tray bakeJun 28, 2022
- Soft polentaJun 28, 2022
- Shaved cabbage with pecorino balsamicJun 28, 2022
- Princess-themed birthday cakesJun 28, 2022
- Over-the-top chocolate and macadamia browniesJun 27, 2022