- 1/4 cup self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoon caster sugar
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon shredded coconut
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- whipped cream,, to serve
- 2 tablespoon lemon curd
- 2 mini pink meringues, crushed
- 1Whisk flour, sugar, oil,coconut, egg, zest and juice in a 1½ cup microwave-safe mug (see tip).
- 2Microwave on medium heat (50%) for 1½ minutes, or until cake is cooked when a skewer inserted at centre comes out clean. Stand for 5 minutes.
- 3Serve topped with cream, curd and meringue.
Ensure you use a microwave-safe mug. We used 1½-cup capacity, straight-sided mugs that were 9cm high and 8cm (top measurement) in diameter. We also used an 800-watt microwave on Medium (50%) power. Cooking times may vary. Don’t be tempted to keep cooking longer than specified, as cakes will continue to cook while standing.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Chocolate peanut butter slab cakeToday 5:19am
- Citrus almond twistAug 20, 2019
- Pistachio and apricot baklava cakeAug 20, 2019
- 10 quick and easy dessertsAug 20, 2019
- Teriyaki salmonAug 19, 2019
- Pistachio, pink pepper & rose petal barkAug 19, 2019
- Garlicky mushroom pizzaAug 19, 2019
- Mushroom pie with minted mushy peasAug 18, 2019
- Mixed berry clafoutisAug 16, 2019
- Banoffee meringue with honeycombAug 15, 2019
- Spinach, cheese and potato cannelloniAug 15, 2019
- Pumpkin and maple bacon tarts with fried eggsAug 14, 2019
- Free-form mushroom and cheese tartAug 13, 2019
- Lumberjack cakeAug 11, 2019
- Salmon recipesAug 09, 2019