- 1/4 cup self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoon caster sugar
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoon shredded coconut
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- whipped cream,, to serve
- 2 tablespoon lemon curd
- 2 mini pink meringues, crushed
- 1Whisk flour, sugar, oil,coconut, egg, zest and juice in a 1½ cup microwave-safe mug (see tip).
- 2Microwave on medium heat (50%) for 1½ minutes, or until cake is cooked when a skewer inserted at centre comes out clean. Stand for 5 minutes.
- 3Serve topped with cream, curd and meringue.
Ensure you use a microwave-safe mug. We used 1½-cup capacity, straight-sided mugs that were 9cm high and 8cm (top measurement) in diameter. We also used an 800-watt microwave on Medium (50%) power. Cooking times may vary. Don’t be tempted to keep cooking longer than specified, as cakes will continue to cook while standing.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Mushroom filled beef fillet with port sauceDec 05, 2019
- Crispy roast potatoes with rosemary saltDec 05, 2019
- Turkey with apricot & hazelnut stuffingDec 05, 2019
- Coffee wreath (with chocolate sauce)Dec 05, 2019
- 34 side dishes to complete your Christmas mealDec 05, 2019
- Barbecued corn, spinach and avocado saladDec 05, 2019
- Roast beetroot and goat’s cheese terrineDec 05, 2019
- Nutella cheesecakeDec 05, 2019
- White Christmas sliceDec 05, 2019
- Dark plum jamDec 04, 2019
- Oysters with pink & green mignonette dressingsDec 04, 2019
- Ice-cream Christmas pudding logDec 04, 2019
- Herb-brined turkey breast in pancettaDec 04, 2019
- Coconut banana stacked cakeDec 03, 2019
- 2-in-1 basic fruit mixDec 02, 2019