- 1 400 gram cobb or vienna loaf
- 500 gram light cream cheese
- 1/4 cup (95 grams) diced lean bacon
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 bunch chives, finely chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Slice top off bread loaf and pull out chunks from inside to create a shell. Place bread shell, top and chunks on a baking tray and bake for 5 minutes, until light golden, crisp and warm.
- 2Meanwhile, place cream cheese in a bowl and microwave on high 1 minute, until soft enough to mix. Heat a small frying pan on medium. Cook bacon for 2 minutes, stirring, until browned. Drain on paper towel. Add to cream cheese with tomato, onion, mayonnaise and half chives.
- 3Spoon dip into bread shell and top with remaining chives. Serve on a platter with bread chunks for dipping.
Once the top of the loaf and bread chunks have been eaten, start breaking up the shell with the dip still clinging to it. You may also like to have a knife on hand for spreading.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Mushroom filled beef fillet with port sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- Nutella cheesecakeYesterday 1:00pm
- Coffee wreath (with chocolate sauce)Yesterday 1:00pm
- Turkey with apricot & hazelnut stuffingYesterday 1:00pm
- Roast beetroot and goat’s cheese terrineYesterday 1:00pm
- Barbecued corn, spinach and avocado saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Crispy roast potatoes with rosemary saltYesterday 1:00pm
- White Christmas sliceYesterday 12:56am
- Dark plum jamDec 04, 2019
- Oysters with pink & green mignonette dressingsDec 04, 2019
- Ice-cream Christmas pudding logDec 04, 2019
- Herb-brined turkey breast in pancettaDec 04, 2019
- Coconut banana stacked cakeDec 03, 2019
- 2-in-1 basic fruit mixDec 02, 2019
- Prawn and mango saladDec 02, 2019