Cob loaf spinach dip
- 1 sourdough cob loaf
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic
- 250 gram bacon
- 2 bunch fresh spinach or 1 packet frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 250 gram cream cheese, softened
- 125 gram creme fraiche
- 200 gram cheddar cheese, grated
- 50 gram parmesan, grated
- 1 bunch chives, chopped
- black pepper
- sea salt
Cob loaf spinach dip
- 1Cut top off bread loaf and tear the dough from the inside, place dough in an airtight container to keep it soft and fresh.
- 2Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
- 3Cook onion in a fry pan with the olive oil until translucent, add the bacon and cook until slightly browned.
- 4Add the spinach and garlic to the pan and cook until the spinach is wilted and cooked through.
- 5Then add the cream cheese and creme fraiche and cook, stirring, until well mixed through. Turn the heat down and add the grated cheddar and parmesan a handful at a time, stirring until melted and mixed through. Add chives and season to taste.
- 6Place spinach mixture in hollowed out cob loaf, place lid back on top, wrap tightly in foil and bake for 10 minutes.
- 7Serve loaf with reserved dough pieces and crudites on the side.
If you'd prefer to serve a vegetarian version, simply leave out the bacon. If you use frozen spinach rather than fresh, make sure you squeeze all the water from the leaves before placing in pan.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Beef curry with turmeric rice and coconut sambalJun 14, 2019
- Banana cake recipesJun 14, 2019
- Beef curry recipesJun 14, 2019
- Fabulous frittata recipesJun 13, 2019
- 10 perfect puff pastry recipesJun 12, 2019
- 10 easy risotto recipesJun 11, 2019
- Quiche LorraineJun 06, 2019
- Vegetarian nachosJun 06, 2019
- Quince recipesJun 06, 2019
- Fried rice recipesJun 06, 2019
- Roasted chickpeas & beansJun 05, 2019
- 14 cheeky chickpea recipesJun 05, 2019
- Waffles à la suzetteJun 04, 2019
- Vegetable and chickpea frittersJun 04, 2019
- Pea and ham soupJun 04, 2019
- Embrace eggplant with these 10 tasty recipesJun 03, 2019