Cob loaf spinach dip
- 1 sourdough cob loaf
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic
- 250 gram bacon
- 2 bunch fresh spinach or 1 packet frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 250 gram cream cheese, softened
- 125 gram creme fraiche
- 200 gram cheddar cheese, grated
- 50 gram parmesan, grated
- 1 bunch chives, chopped
- black pepper
- sea salt
Cob loaf spinach dip
- 1Cut top off bread loaf and tear the dough from the inside, place dough in an airtight container to keep it soft and fresh.
- 2Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F.
- 3Cook onion in a fry pan with the olive oil until translucent, add the bacon and cook until slightly browned.
- 4Add the spinach and garlic to the pan and cook until the spinach is wilted and cooked through.
- 5Then add the cream cheese and creme fraiche and cook, stirring, until well mixed through. Turn the heat down and add the grated cheddar and parmesan a handful at a time, stirring until melted and mixed through. Add chives and season to taste.
- 6Place spinach mixture in hollowed out cob loaf, place lid back on top, wrap tightly in foil and bake for 10 minutes.
- 7Serve loaf with reserved dough pieces and crudites on the side.
If you'd prefer to serve a vegetarian version, simply leave out the bacon. If you use frozen spinach rather than fresh, make sure you squeeze all the water from the leaves before placing in pan.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Rich chocolate fudge recipeYesterday 9:00pm
- Classic roast chicken with gravyYesterday 6:00pm
- Honey soy nutsDec 09, 2019
- ColeslawDec 09, 2019
- Millionaire's shortbreadDec 09, 2019
- Christmas celebration salad with maple dressingDec 09, 2019
- Spinach dip cob loafDec 08, 2019
- Spiced sweet potato tartDec 08, 2019
- Sweet potato, mint and goat’s cheese tartletsDec 08, 2019
- Christmas dinners that aren't Christmas hamDec 08, 2019
- Mushroom and spinach bruschettaDec 08, 2019
- Asparagus with crisp lentils and herb yoghurtDec 08, 2019
- Chocolate hazelnut ice-cream pandoroDec 08, 2019
- A very vegetarian ChristmasDec 06, 2019