Sweet and fragrant, these rum-infused treats are rolled in toasted coconut and served up at Christmas time. Rum balls are the quintessential Christmas treat.
These sweet and fragrant rum-infused treats rolled in toasted coconut are a part of annual traditions that signal the coming of the season. Perfect served as an edible gift, afternoon snack or a light dessert.
- 250 gram plain biscuits (such as marie)
- 395 gram can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup (80g) desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup (25g) dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange rind
- 1/4 cup (60ml) dark rum
- 1/2 cup (40g) desiccated coconut, toasted, extra
- 1Process biscuits until fine crumbs.
- 2Transfer crumbs to a large bowl; add condensed milk, coconut, sifted cocoa, rind and rum. Stir well to combine.
- 3Roll mixture into walnut-sized balls. Toss balls in extra coconut. Place on a tray; cover, refrigerate until firm.
Suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave. Test Kitchen tip: To toast coconut, place in large frying pan; stir occasionally over medium heat until golden. Cool. The balls can be made up to 1 month ahead; keep refrigerated.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- 22 vegetarian lasagne recipesYesterday 6:40am
- Gluten-free raspberry and lemon syrup cakeYesterday 6:02am
- Classic beef lasagneJun 26, 2022
- 29 brilliant ways with broccoliniJun 26, 2022
- Our best spaghetti bologneseJun 26, 2022
- Leek and mushroom lasagneJun 26, 2022
- 21 beautiful baked salmon recipesJun 26, 2022
- Cheesy smoked baked beans with pumpkinJun 26, 2022
- Traditional Greek recipesJun 26, 2022
- Gluten-free smoky chicken and corn pieJun 26, 2022
- Roast beef with yorkshire puddingsJun 26, 2022
- 27 gluten-free dinnersJun 26, 2022
- Lasagne recipe collectionJun 26, 2022
- Ratatouille bake with cauliflower bechamelJun 26, 2022