- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 300 millilitre cream, whipped
- 3 bananas, peeled, sliced
- 250 gram punnet strawberries, hulled, quartered
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled, sliced
- 4 passionfruit, pulp
- 1Preheat oven to slow, 150ºC. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- 2In a large, clean, dry bowl, using an electric mixer, beat egg-whites until soft peaks form.
- 3Gradually add sugar, one tablespoon at a time, beating until sugar dissolves and foam is stiff, thick and glossy. Beat in cornflour, lemon juice and vanilla.
- 4Spoon mixture onto tray to form a 20cm round, with a slight recess in the middle.
- 5Bake 20 minutes. Reduce oven to very slow, 120ºC, and bake a further 45 minutes. Allow pavlova to cool in turned-off oven with the door ajar, to fully dry out.
- 6To serve, spread pavlova with whipped cream. Top with bananas, strawberries and kiwifruit, and drizzle with passionfruit pulp.
To achieve maximum egg-white volume, it is important to use clean bowls and beaters that have been scrupulously dried. Use other fruit of choice and drizzle the pavlova with melted chocolate if you like.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Mushroom filled beef fillet with port sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- Crispy roast potatoes with rosemary saltYesterday 1:00pm
- Turkey with apricot & hazelnut stuffingYesterday 1:00pm
- Coffee wreath (with chocolate sauce)Yesterday 1:00pm
- 34 side dishes to complete your Christmas mealYesterday 1:00pm
- Barbecued corn, spinach and avocado saladYesterday 1:00pm
- Roast beetroot and goat’s cheese terrineYesterday 1:00pm
- Nutella cheesecakeYesterday 1:00pm
- White Christmas sliceYesterday 12:56am
- Dark plum jamDec 04, 2019
- Oysters with pink & green mignonette dressingsDec 04, 2019
- Ice-cream Christmas pudding logDec 04, 2019
- Herb-brined turkey breast in pancettaDec 04, 2019
- Coconut banana stacked cakeDec 03, 2019
- 2-in-1 basic fruit mixDec 02, 2019