- 4 egg whites
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 300 millilitre cream, whipped
- 3 bananas, peeled, sliced
- 250 gram punnet strawberries, hulled, quartered
- 2 kiwifruit, peeled, sliced
- 4 passionfruit, pulp
- 1Preheat oven to slow, 150ºC. Line an oven tray with baking paper.
- 2In a large, clean, dry bowl, using an electric mixer, beat egg-whites until soft peaks form.
- 3Gradually add sugar, one tablespoon at a time, beating until sugar dissolves and foam is stiff, thick and glossy. Beat in cornflour, lemon juice and vanilla.
- 4Spoon mixture onto tray to form a 20cm round, with a slight recess in the middle.
- 5Bake 20 minutes. Reduce oven to very slow, 120ºC, and bake a further 45 minutes. Allow pavlova to cool in turned-off oven with the door ajar, to fully dry out.
- 6To serve, spread pavlova with whipped cream. Top with bananas, strawberries and kiwifruit, and drizzle with passionfruit pulp.
To achieve maximum egg-white volume, it is important to use clean bowls and beaters that have been scrupulously dried. Use other fruit of choice and drizzle the pavlova with melted chocolate if you like.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Juice recipes to rival those bought in-storeToday 3:00am
- 40 cauliflower recipesYesterday 11:29pm
- 20 of our tastiest savoury tartsYesterday 2:00pm
- Roast chicken with herb stuffingYesterday 2:00pm
- 40 warming sweet and savoury recipes for your pressure cookerYesterday 2:00pm
- Make these beef taco pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- Make butter chicken roti pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- Custard tartJul 22, 2021
- 20 beautiful bundt cakesJul 22, 2021
- How to make custard tarts in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make apple pies in your pie makerJul 22, 2021
- How to make Aussie meat pies in the pie makerJul 22, 2021