Looking for more cocktail recipes?
- 1 lime, quartered
- coarse salt
- 5 cup crushed ice
- 2/3 cup (160ml) white tequila
- 1/2 cup (125ml) cointreau or triple sec
- 1/3 cup (80ml) lime juice
- 1Rub the rims of 8 cocktail glasses with the lime to moisten. Invert glasses onto a saucer of salt to coat the rims. Place glasses upright on tray, freeze for about 15 minutes.
- 2Blend or process ice, tequila, liqueur and lime juice until they are well combined.
- 3Divide the margarita mixture between the glasses. Serve immediately garnished with extra lime slices.
Glasses can be salt-rimmed and kept in the freezer for several hours before serving. The recipe is best made just before serving.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Slow-cooked bologneseYesterday 2:00pm
- 28 easy ways with bologneseYesterday 2:00pm
- Ham and cheese croquettesYesterday 2:00pm
- Individual chocolate self-saucing puddingsYesterday 2:00pm
- Cauliflower parmigianaYesterday 2:00pm
- Mulled wineYesterday 7:25am
- Silverbeet omelette with capsicum saladYesterday 6:49am
- Spiced semolina and almond halvaYesterday 12:00am
- Chocolate almond macaronsMay 25, 2022
- Flourless orange & white chocolate cakeMay 25, 2022
- BaklavaMay 25, 2022
- Apple, cherry and amaretti crumblesMay 25, 2022
- 33 amazing almond dessertsMay 25, 2022
- 32 sensational meals featuring silverbeetMay 25, 2022