Looking for more cocktail recipes?
- 1 lime, quartered
- coarse salt
- 5 cup crushed ice
- 2/3 cup (160ml) white tequila
- 1/2 cup (125ml) cointreau or triple sec
- 1/3 cup (80ml) lime juice
- 1Rub the rims of 8 cocktail glasses with the lime to moisten. Invert glasses onto a saucer of salt to coat the rims. Place glasses upright on tray, freeze for about 15 minutes.
- 2Blend or process ice, tequila, liqueur and lime juice until they are well combined.
- 3Divide the margarita mixture between the glasses. Serve immediately garnished with extra lime slices.
Glasses can be salt-rimmed and kept in the freezer for several hours before serving. The recipe is best made just before serving.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Christmas seafood recipes to impress your guestsToday 4:53am
- Sweet pea, cinnamon and orange cakeToday 1:48am
- Gluten-free Christmas cakesYesterday 1:00pm
- 22 Christmas desserts to end your feast on a highYesterday 1:00pm
- Apple pieNov 27, 2020
- Christmas dinners that aren't Christmas hamNov 26, 2020
- Lemon and poppyseed shortbreadNov 26, 2020
- Chocolate and cardamom shortbreadNov 26, 2020
- Super-moist rich fruit cakeNov 26, 2020
- Pumpkin pieNov 26, 2020
- ProfiterolesNov 26, 2020
- Latte shortbread starsNov 26, 2020
- Sensational summer dessertsNov 26, 2020
- Stunning smoked salmon recipesNov 26, 2020