Looking for more cocktail recipes?
- 1 lime, quartered
- coarse salt
- 5 cup crushed ice
- 2/3 cup (160ml) white tequila
- 1/2 cup (125ml) cointreau or triple sec
- 1/3 cup (80ml) lime juice
- 1Rub the rims of 8 cocktail glasses with the lime to moisten. Invert glasses onto a saucer of salt to coat the rims. Place glasses upright on tray, freeze for about 15 minutes.
- 2Blend or process ice, tequila, liqueur and lime juice until they are well combined.
- 3Divide the margarita mixture between the glasses. Serve immediately garnished with extra lime slices.
Glasses can be salt-rimmed and kept in the freezer for several hours before serving. The recipe is best made just before serving.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Nasi goreng with chicken and shrimpYesterday 1:00pm
- Kung pao chickenYesterday 1:00pm
- Vegan dulce de lecheYesterday 1:00pm
- Tom yum soupYesterday 1:00pm
- How to make a classic béarnaise sauceFeb 22, 2021
- Basic omeletteFeb 22, 2021
- All of our best nachos recipesFeb 22, 2021
- Delicious savoury crepes and pancakesFeb 22, 2021
- 20 baking ideas with cranberriesFeb 22, 2021
- 30 minced recipesFeb 22, 2021
- Easy recipe ideas using chicken thighsFeb 22, 2021
- Nasi lemakFeb 22, 2021
- Savoury buckwheat pancakesFeb 22, 2021
- Mini caramelised onion and prosciutto meatloavesFeb 22, 2021
- Hollandaise sauceFeb 22, 2021