Classic blueberry muffins
- 2 cup self-raising flour, sifted
- 3/4 cup caster sugar (or brown sugar)
- 150 gram punnet fresh blueberries or 1 cup frozen
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 60 gram butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (35g) plain flour
- 40 gram butter, chopped
- 1Grease 16 holes of 2 x 12 hole (1/3 cup capacity) muffin pans. Sift dry ingredients into bowl, stir in sugar, then combined eggs, milk and oil. Do not over-mix, batter should still be slightly lumpy.
- 2Spoon half muffin mixture into prepared pans, sprinkle with 3/4 cup blueberries, spoon over remaining mixture.
- 3For topping, combine sugar and flour in bowl, rub in butter.
- 4Sprinkle with remaining blueberries and topping. Bake at 200°C for about 20 minutes or until browned and firm. Stand 2 minutes, remove from pan, cool on wire rack.
Frozen berries can be used in place of fresh blueberries. Add them to the batter while still frozen to prevent them bleeding during baking.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Slow-cooked lamb shank pieToday 5:13am
- Caramel sliceYesterday 11:16pm
- Corn and kidney bean quesadillas with tomato salsaYesterday 1:00pm
- Slow-cooked lamb with white beansYesterday 1:00pm
- Linguine primavera & poached eggsYesterday 1:00pm
- Brown fried rice with carrot, cabbage and red onionYesterday 1:00pm
- Raspberry crumble almond tartYesterday 1:00pm
- Braised beef cheeks in red wineYesterday 1:00pm
- Turkish eggs (Shakshuka)Yesterday 1:00pm
- Carrot cake with lemon cream cheese frostingYesterday 1:00pm
- Barley, chicken and sesame slawYesterday 1:00pm
- Creamy mushroom and spinach gnocchiYesterday 1:00pm
- Fish and chipsYesterday 1:00pm
- Spinach and ricotta cannelloniYesterday 1:00pm
- Jam rollYesterday 1:00pm
- Cumin-spiced steak with white bean hummusYesterday 1:00pm