Classic blueberry muffins
- 2 cup self-raising flour, sifted
- 3/4 cup caster sugar (or brown sugar)
- 150 gram punnet fresh blueberries or 1 cup frozen
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 60 gram butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (35g) plain flour
- 40 gram butter, chopped
- 1Grease 16 holes of 2 x 12 hole (1/3 cup capacity) muffin pans. Sift dry ingredients into bowl, stir in sugar, then combined eggs, milk and oil. Do not over-mix, batter should still be slightly lumpy.
- 2Spoon half muffin mixture into prepared pans, sprinkle with 3/4 cup blueberries, spoon over remaining mixture.
- 3For topping, combine sugar and flour in bowl, rub in butter.
- 4Sprinkle with remaining blueberries and topping. Bake at 200°C for about 20 minutes or until browned and firm. Stand 2 minutes, remove from pan, cool on wire rack.
Frozen berries can be used in place of fresh blueberries. Add them to the batter while still frozen to prevent them bleeding during baking.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Homemade mint sauceToday 1:00am
- Roast pork with apple sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaYesterday 1:00pm
- Savoury apple sauceYesterday 1:00pm
- MayonnaiseYesterday 1:00pm
- 32 amazing ways with applesYesterday 1:00pm
- Roast chicken with herb stuffingYesterday 1:00pm
- Jerk chickensYesterday 1:00pm
- Delicious pasta salad recipes to look forward toOct 14, 2021
- Ice blocks and popsicles to cool you downOct 14, 2021
- Quiche LorraineOct 13, 2021
- Mixed berry crumbleOct 13, 2021
- Orange cake recipe collectionOct 13, 2021