- 3/4 cup (50g) fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 500 gram beef mince
- 1 medium (150g) brown onion, coarsely grated
- 2 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoon purchased tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large (200g) brown onion, sliced
- 4 burger buns, split
- 4 slice cheddar cheese
- 4 iceberg lettuce leaves, shredded
- 2 small (90g each) ripe tomatoes
- 225 gram can sliced beetroot, drained
- purchased tomato sauce, to serve
Classic beef burger
- 1To make beef patties, place breadcrumbs in a medium bowl; pour milk over. Add mince, onion, parsley and sauces. Season with salt and pepper. Use your hands to mix until well combined.
- 2Divide the mixture into 4 even portions and shape each portion into a patty about 10cm in diameter and 2cm thick.
- 3Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat until hot and cook the onion for 8 minutes or until softened. Remove from pan and set aside. Heat remaining oil and add the beef patties and cook for 5 minutes each side or until just cooked through. Meanwhile, preheat grill on high. Place the burger buns, cut-side up, on an oven tray and toast under preheated grill for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside.
- 4To serve, place a cheese slice over each patty and place pan under preheated grill for 2 minutes or until the cheese melts. Top bottom halves of buns with lettuce, tomato, beetroot, beet patties, tomato sauce and onion. Cover with bun tops.
Patties suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Quick & easy minestroneJul 19, 2019
- Salmon parcels with kipfler potatoesJul 19, 2019
- 12 brussels sprouts recipesJul 18, 2019
- Ultimate greek saladJul 18, 2019
- Parsnip noodles with spicy lamb meatball raguJul 17, 2019
- 10 oat dessert and snack recipesJul 17, 2019
- Mint jellyJul 17, 2019
- 12 brilliant baked cheesecakesJul 17, 2019
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesJul 16, 2019
- Pickled baby beetrootJul 16, 2019
- Easy bolognese recipesJul 16, 2019
- Layered banana butterscotch cakeJul 15, 2019
- French toastJul 13, 2019
- Fabulous French recipesJul 13, 2019
- Slow cooker beef rendangJul 13, 2019