- 3/4 cup (50g) fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 500 gram beef mince
- 1 medium (150g) brown onion, coarsely grated
- 2 tablespoon chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoon purchased tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large (200g) brown onion, sliced
- 4 burger buns, split
- 4 slice cheddar cheese
- 4 iceberg lettuce leaves, shredded
- 2 small (90g each) ripe tomatoes
- 225 gram can sliced beetroot, drained
- purchased tomato sauce, to serve
Classic beef burger
- 1To make beef patties, place breadcrumbs in a medium bowl; pour milk over. Add mince, onion, parsley and sauces. Season with salt and pepper. Use your hands to mix until well combined.
- 2Divide the mixture into 4 even portions and shape each portion into a patty about 10cm in diameter and 2cm thick.
- 3Heat half the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat until hot and cook the onion for 8 minutes or until softened. Remove from pan and set aside. Heat remaining oil and add the beef patties and cook for 5 minutes each side or until just cooked through. Meanwhile, preheat grill on high. Place the burger buns, cut-side up, on an oven tray and toast under preheated grill for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside.
- 4To serve, place a cheese slice over each patty and place pan under preheated grill for 2 minutes or until the cheese melts. Top bottom halves of buns with lettuce, tomato, beetroot, beet patties, tomato sauce and onion. Cover with bun tops.
Patties suitable to freeze. Not suitable to microwave.
The Latest from Australian Women's Weekly Food
- Roasted sumac chicken with baby vegetablesToday 5:15am
- Lemon drizzle cakeToday 4:18am
- Rhubarb and vanilla baked custardToday 2:44am
- Cottage pieYesterday 6:00pm
- Cheesy vegetable pasta bakeYesterday 2:00pm
- Turkish bread with lamb and eggsYesterday 2:00pm
- 20 perfect pasta bakesYesterday 2:00pm
- Italian chicken schnitzelYesterday 2:00pm
- 21 delicious chicken meals to make in your slow cookerYesterday 2:00pm
- Chicken carbonara baked pastaYesterday 2:00pm
- Shortbread buttonsYesterday 2:00pm
- 20 sensational schnitzelsYesterday 2:00pm
- Air fryer Nutella turnoversYesterday 2:00pm
- Classic beef lasagneYesterday 2:00pm